- Location: 155 miles northwest of Changsha, capital of Hunan province
- Time to visit: Mid April to mid-May and mid-September through October
- Fees/ Permits: 248 Yuan to enter the park, valid for 2 days
- How to reach: The best way to get into Wulingyuan is to take transit from Zhangjiajie City which has a domestic airport. Frequent buses and trains run to there as well. Minibus goes from Zhangjiajie City to the village of Zhangjiajie Cun, in the park and it will take an hour.
- Nearest international airport: Changsha Huanghua International Airport
The scenic Wulingyuan area in Hunan Province, forming part of the Wuling Range, is a stunning area stretching over more than 26,000 ha and recognized for its 3,000 quartzite limestone rock pinnacles, each of them uniquely formed and some look like familiar animals or objects. Between the peaks lie several ravines and gorges with streams, pools, and waterfalls, about 40 caves and 2 large natural bridges. In addition to the scenic charm of the fascinating landscape, Wulingyuan, Hunan is also well-known for the fact that it is home to a number of endangered flora and fauna species.
- Huang Shi Zhai: It is the highest area in the park, at an elevation of 3,450 feet.
- Kongzhong Tianyuan: The beautiful garden is surrounded by slender peaks.
- Xianren Qiao (Bridge of the Immortals): This spectacular rock bridge is located over a deep gorge. Yupi Feng: These thin columns at a lofty level remind you of calligraphy letters.
Apart from them, you may also visit other attractions such as the pristine lake of Baofeng Hu and the gorgeous cave of Huanglong Dong. The large cave offers several boat trips cruise on its subterranean river.
The entire area of Wulingyuan covers 3 natural reserves and contains more than 500 tree species including dawn redwood. In addition to them, there are also giant salamanders, rhesus monkeys and numerous species of birds.
Wulingyuan offers endless activities for the travelers. You will enjoy the adventurous activity of hiking through the stunning sandstone landscape.
Accommodation and Dining
There are numerous hotels in both the main villages, Zhangjiajie Cun and Suoxiyu Cun. Best Western Zhangjiajie Wulingyuan International Holiday Resort is by far the most popular accommodation facility of the region. Wulingyuan is known for its spicy and mouth-watering delicacies. Apart from several dining outlets inside Wulingyuan, you will find a number of eateries in Zhangjiajie Cun.