- Location: In the Kunlun Mountains in the southwestern section of Qinghai
- Time to Visit: The months of May, September and October
- How to Reach: The easiest way to get to Qinghai is by plane or train to Xining from anywhere in China. Frequent buses serve all the cities and towns in Qinghai.
- Nearest International Airport: Pudong International Airport, Hongqiao International Airport
An old saying is there- “If you haven’t traveled up Chang Jiang, you haven’t been anywhere”. Deriving from Tangula Mountain Range in Qinghai Province, the mighty Yangtze River or Chang-jiang, as called by the Chinese, is the largest and the longest river in China. There is no better way to explore the beautiful landscape and experience the ancient culture and matchless architecture of China than on a Yangtze River cruise. To experience the cruising on Yangtze River at fullest, it would be helpful for you to be at one of the port cities of Chongging, Yichang, Shashi and Wuhan.
While cruising on Yangtze River, you must not miss the rich culture and diverse history of the Yangtze River. The Yangtze has formed China in more than just a physical way. The most extraordinary part of the river is Sanxia or the three Yangtze River gorges: namely Qutang Gorge, Wuxia Gorge and Xiling Gorge. The river is the life of China.
What to see
- Apart from discovering the perfect blend of ancient traditions and modern cities, you will also visit world treasures like the Great Wall, Tiananmen Square, Yu Yuan gardens, the Jade Buddha Temple, the Terracotta Soldiers and stunning palaces where great Emperors ruled for centuries on a memorable cruise on Yangtze River, the longest river in Asia.
- You will visit Shibaozhai, home of the 12-story temple. Established in 1650, it offers majestic views of the winding Yangtze and villages below.
- You may also enjoy delightful excursions through Yangtze tributaries like Daning River, well-known for its spectacular canyon views and remote rural villages. Most of the Yangtze River cruises also navigate to the Three Gorges Dam.
Yangtze River cruises offer you a wonderful opportunity to relax as well as to experience Chinese culture first hand!
Related Links :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfriZVcdVSI: To catch a glimpse of the wonderful Yangtze River cruise, and the three famous gorges through which it passes, click on this link! The video provides lots of relevant historical and geographical information. Even if you want to ignore the commercial bit, do not miss the views. However, the commercial information can be of help as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_urB132858&feature=related: For an authentic slideshow of the Yangtze River Cruise and the three gorges, click on this link. This provides an authentic traveler’s perspective.