- Location: Goa in India
- Time to Visit: October to February
- How to Reach: Goa can be easily reached by a number of routes. The state is served by the Dabolim Airport. It operates flights to and from various parts of the country and abroad. Goa is also well connected with the rest of the country by a well-developed railway and road network.
- Nearest Railway Station: Margao railway station
- Nearest International Airport: Dabolim Airport
- Time required for sightseeing: 4-5 days A trip to Goa can be a welcome change during an Indian tour, where too much of spirituality and heritage tours can at times quite weigh you down. However, that does not mean that Goa is short of heritage: it received the early colonizers and still betrays a wonderful Portuguese charm. On the beaches though, it is a different story altogether. Beauty, charm, enjoyment, and pleasure: a combination of these 4 words aptly describes the Goa beaches. Spending a vacation in Goa will simply fill your mind with charm and delight. A charming holiday in the Goa beaches will make simply take you away from the mundane activities of life into the lap of natural beauty and charm.
Goa is one of the most popular tourist destinations in India. Thousands of tourists and nature lovers and backpackers from all over the world come to Goa to spend some days full of leisure. Surrounded by beautiful palm and coconut trees with the blue sea on the background, the beaches in Goa provide a perfect setting for a lazy outing or a pleasant vacation. Bask under the sun on the beaches or take a refreshing bath on the blue waters. Watching the sunset is also a charming and memorable experience.
The scenic landscape matched with the charming beauty of the Goa beaches adds immense color to your holiday. The best time to visit the beaches in Goa is between the months of October and February. During this time the weather is pleasant and rainfall is scanty.
Activities at Goa Beach
The Goa beaches are also ideal places for enjoying a wide variety of recreational activities and water sports. A blue sea is a great place for swimming along with the gentle tides or you can simply enjoy a short stroll on the beaches. If you are a lover of adventure and wish to have that adrenaline rush, you can indulge in a number of water sports and recreational activities like surfing, diving, jet-skiing, parasailing and lots more.
Goa has a total coastline of around 125 km. A number of picturesque beaches are located by the coastline. While the beaches in South Goa are known for their vibrant atmosphere, the beaches in North Goa are delightfully rustic and known for their idyllic setting. Some of the popular beaches where you can go are Anjuna Beach, Benaulim Beach, Candolim Beach, Calangute Beach, Colva Beach, Dona Paula Beach, Miramar Beach, Baga Beach, and Vagator Beach and so on. If you wish to spend a vacation full of solitude amidst a serene surrounding, then head to the Keri Beach, Arambol Beach, Morji Beach and Mandrem Beach. You can stay in the thatched huts or Spartan cottages by the cool blue sea.
You can enjoy a variety of dining and shopping options around the beaches of Goa. You can have a taste of mouth-watering local dishes from the restaurants and dining hubs. Make sure to taste ‘Fenni’, a local alcoholic drink from the pubs and bars. Fenni is famous for its refreshing taste. Local handicrafts and artifacts can also be bought from the shops and markets on the beaches.
Accommodation in Goa
The huge inflow of tourists has led to the growth of a wide range of hotels in Goa. Renowned hotel groups like Taj, Marriot, and Holiday Inn and so on have their branches here. These hotels offer state-of-the-art facilities and services. For budget travelers, numerous middle range and economy hotels throng the beaches. These hotels are ideal lodging centers if you wish to enjoy a charming stay without spending huge sums of money.
Goa can be easily reached by a number of routes. The state is served by the Dabolim Airport. It operates flights to and from various parts of the country and abroad. Goa is also well connected with the rest of the country by a well-developed railway and road network.
Related Links :
http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=GhUsye8lXZk: Check out the best of the Goa beaches in this exquisite slideshow compilation. You also get to see the major landmarks of Goa in this clip!