- Location: Located in Chuo-ku in Osaka, Japan.
- Attraction Type: Castle.
- Significance: A wonderful castle that played a significant role in the unification of Japan during the Azuchi-Momoyama period in the sixteenth century.
- Best time to Visit: Can be visited throughout the year. However spring (March to May) and autumn (September to November) can be the best.
- Visiting Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- How to Reach: Those who are coming down to Osaka by air, need to land at Kansai International Airport. Take a train to come at Osaka Castle. The nearest station is Tanimachi 4-chrome along the Tanimachi Subway Line and Chuo Subway Line. The nearest JR station is Osakajokoen Station on the JR Loop Line.
- Nearest Airport: Kansai International Airport (KIX).
It played a significant role in the unification of Japan during the Azuchi-Momoyama period in sixteenth century, it was built atop the tall stone foundation in order to protect the occupants from the attacks of the swords, and currently it attracts thousands of tourists from all parts of the world. Well, we are taking about the Osaka Castle, one of the most famous castles in Japan. In fact, your visit to Japan cannot get completed unless you pay a visit to the beautiful Osaka Castle.
Located in Chuo-ku in Osaka, Japan, Osaka Castle is placed on a one square kilometer plot and was built using Burdock piling technique. The outer side of the castle building has got five stories, whereas the inner side has got. And the thirteen structures of the castle have been designated as the ‘Important Cultural Assets’ of Japan.
Things to Do
The Osaka Castle has got five towers surrounded by secondary citadels, turrets, gates, moats and imposing stone walls. There are lots of greens within the castle arena. Visit the Nishinomaru Garden and walk along the lawn garden with 600 cherry trees. You can also step in to the teahouse. Osakajo Hall is a multi-purpose arena that attracts a number of visitors. Various sports facilities are also available.
Hokoku Shrine is another popular attraction here dedicated to Toyotomi Hideyoshi. A number of tourists flock in here especially during the Cherry Blossom season, usually in early April.
Castle Museum: The Castle museum is the place that showcases the exhibits describing Hideyoshi Toyotomi. Go up to the 8th floor observation deck to see the finest panoramic views of the city of Osaka.
Adults: 600 yen
1-1, Osakajo, Chuo-ku
Osaka City, Japan
Tel: 9060 6941-3044
There is no dearth of accommodation in Osaka. Some of the hotels in Osaka can be named as below:
3-16-19 Toyosaki Kita-Ku
Sunroute Umeda Hotel
3-9-1 Toyosaki Kita-ku