- Location: Only half a kilometer away from the southern coast of the main island of Singapore
- Time to Visit: Anytime, especially from end May till June
- How to Reach: For a grand entrance and overview of the whole island of Sentosa, take a taxi to the Mount Faber cable car terminus and take the aerial tram across to the island. If you are looking for an affordable way or just afraid of heights, then take the new North-East MRT line all the way to the HarbourFront station and catch the ferry from there to the island.
- Nearest Railway Station: HarbourFront MRT Station
- Nearest International Airport: Changi International Airport
Sometimes, it is the way you reach a destination that matters as much as the destination itself. Getting to Sentosa Island is half the fun of exploring this charming resort. Cruise into it by means of a scenic cable car ride from Mount Faber, especially at sunset. Sentosa Island, Singapore, turned into an idyllic island resort from a fishing village, offers enjoyment and recreation for everyone. Above all, it is the variety and versatility that make Sentosa Singapore unique to millions of visitors from all around the world. Here, more than any other holiday destination, you would be right on the fringe of the city’s buzz, only minutes away by cable car, ferry or via a 710-metre road link.
Once you step afoot the scenic island of Sentosa, you will find yourself amidst a virtual paradise on earth. The attractions are numerous — diverse history and ancient culture, electrifying entertainment by day and night, lush green surroundings to explore, manicured gardens, dancing fountains and two international 18-hole golf courses with majestic views.
There are numerous things to see and endless things to do on the island. Some of the popular attractions include:
- Carlsberg Tower: The tower offers majestic views of Singapore as well as far-away Indonesia.
- Dolphin Lagoon: Access to Underwater World also includes a show at the Dolphin Lagoon, where trained rare pink dolphins put on a show.
- Fort Siloso: This historical British Fort on the west tip of the island is a must-see in Sentosa.
- Merlion Statue: This 120-foot tall statue, the symbol of Singapore, overlooks the skyline around much of the island.
- Underwater World: You will watch the sharks and rays swimming right over your head in this large aquarium.
Situated off the southern coast of the island of Singapore, Sentosa offers luxurious resorts, a pristine beach, golfing opportunities and endless fun and adventure activities for couples as well as families with children.
Best beaches in Singapore
Sentosa is home to a number of scenic beaches and beach lovers will enjoy thrilling adventures and sea sports along the sandy beaches expanding across Siloso, Palawan and Tanjong. You will also indulge yourself in several leisure activities such as cycling, in-line skating, canoeing, horse riding or simply unwind at the beach pubs.
Events in Sentosa
You may take part in Sentosa’s kaleidoscopic blend of activities and entertainment all year round along with giant sand sculptures, vibrant beach parties, lively dance festivals, exciting cultural and pop concerts, international sports events, colorful country festivals, gaudy beach carnivals and annual countdown parties.
Long sandy beaches, exquisite sunset view at Sunset Bay, fine food and exclusive cocktails- what more do you need to have a peaceful weekend in the lap of Nature? The name “Sentosa” indicates “tranquility” and Sentosa Island is the perfect place to experience the exotic beauty under the shades of bougainvilleas and coconut trees. The cool and soothing environment of the island reveals the natural beauty of the place.