- Location: Located on the east coast of the Gulf of Thailand
- Time to Visit: Between November and March
- How to Reach: The beach resort of Pattaya, lying on the eastern seaboard of the Gulf of Thailand, is located at a distance of 120 kilometers from Bangkok. Suvarnabhumi Airport is the nearest international airport to reach Pattaya. Bus travel is the most common mode of arrival. Frequent buses depart from the Eastern Bus Terminal (Ekkamai) and Bangkok Northern Bus Terminal (Mochit 2 Bus Terminal) on Kamphaengphet Road daily. There are also minibuses that travel directly from Bangkok Airport to Pattaya. The State Railway of Thailand offers daily train service departing Bangkok’s Hua Lamphong Station.
- Nearest Railway Station: Pattaya Railway Station
- Nearest International Airport: Suvarnabhumi Airport
If there is a poll held on which beach holds the wildest bar parties, Pattaya can be a serious contender for the top honors. Pattaya Beach has wonderful sea and sand, but more importantly it has one of the hippest and most glamorous crowds with visitors coming down from all over the world to this Thai paradise. Whether you want to shade yourself under the swaying coconut trees along the white sandy beach and clear tropical waters, simply walk on the sand or dance your heart out at one of the beachside bars, Pattaya is your destination.
Pattaya boasts of its wealth of unspoiled sandy beaches which are ideal for simply relaxing on a deckchair or swimming through clear blue waters. However each of them has its own appeal like Jomtien Beach are perfect for water sports activities while Naklua and Wong Amat are perfect for those seeking solitude.
Pattaya is home to a number of pristine beaches where you may relax as well as practice adventurous sports. Some of the scenic beaches of Pattaya include North Pattaya Beach, Middle Pattaya Beach, Jomtien Beach, Pattaya Beach and South Pattaya Beach.
As abundant as sun, sand and sea along the palm-fringed beaches of Pattaya, there are first-class hotels, numerous shopping malls and market stalls, a huge variety of dining outlets, endless sports and leisure activities, and of course, the bars and discos that have earned its reputation.
Things to do
One of the best ways to enjoy Pattaya is to idly sit in a beach chair under the shade of an umbrella and wait for the food vendors to come by with freshly steamed shrimp or crispy crabs. You may also spoil yourself with a soothing session of traditional Thai massage on the beach. In addition to them, most of the Pattaya beaches are suitable for swimming and plenty of water sports activities are available.
Dine and wine
Starting from curbside cuisine and greasy burgers to 5 star gourmets, Pattaya offers wide range of food. Everything from schnitzel, falafels and kebabs to British pub grub, homely Italian pasta and fresh seafood are found in the eclectic eateries, scattered all over the city. Pattaya’s nightlife, with all its pubs, beer-bars, discos and go-go bars, is dynamic.
Where to stay
Pattaya beaches have wide range of hotels catering for every budget and taste.
Pattaya beaches are known for their scenic charm, tranquil environment, safe nightlife and plenty of seafood.