- Location: 50 kilometers south-east of Phuket
- Time to Visit: Between November and April
- How to Reach: The nearest airport to Ko Phi Phi Island is Krabi International Airport. Apart from air access, frequent ferries run between Phuket and Krabi daily. Bus services are available from Bangkok’s Southern Bus Terminal to Krabi and the journey will take about 12 hours. The nearest train station to Krabi is in Trang province, located just south of Krabi.
- Nearest International Airport: Krabi International Airport
- Nearest railway station: In Trang province
Few shores have such a deadly combination — great natural beauty with cliffs and gorges, hip and eventful beach-life, marine activities like motorboat rides and rock diving and great opportunities to soak in the sun. If Thailand is like a Paradise, this is the very throne of the god of nature. Ko Phi Phi Island, between the island of Phuket and the western Andaman Sea coast off the mainland of Thailand, is the ultimate tropical getaway.
Some of the popular attractions in Ko Phi Phi include:
- Phi Phi Don: The stunning Phi Phi Don, acquired the title of one of the most marvelous islands in the world, is the largest of the 6 Phi Phi islands.
- Fireshow: You will enjoy the highly-skilled and entertaining fireshows, held in quite a few venues on the island including at Carlito’s, Apache Bar, Hippies, Carpe Diem and the Tia and Millie Sunflower Bar on Lohdalum.
- Phi Phi Le: The pristine island, the 2nd largest of the Phi Phi Islands, is famous for the Phaya Naak Cave with its prehistoric paintings and edible-nest swiftlets.
- Monkey Beach: It is easily accessible on foot or by renting a canoe or a longtail boat.
- Tsunami Memorial Garden: Located by the Tia and Millie Sunflower Bar, it is a wonderful place for paying tribute to the victims of the recent tragedy.
- Viewpoint: The Viewpoint, located 186 meters above sea level, offers a majestic view of the entire island.
- Yao Beach: Located just south of Ton Sai, this beach offers majestic views along with the wonderful opportunity for snorkeling and scuba diving.
Apart from the above-mentioned attractions, you may also visit some places of interests like Garang Heng, Hin Dot, King Cruiser Wreck, Ko Pida Nok Shark Point (Hin Bida), Maya Bay, Wang Long.
Phi-Phi, famous for its beautiful white sand beaches and tranquil setting, offers endless activities. You will enjoy adventurous activities such as scuba diving, snorkeling, kayaking and climbing.
Where to dine
Phi Phi is an ideal paradise for the food lovers. In addition to the mouth-watering seafood, delectable Thai and Western delicacies, from grab-and-go snacks to candlelit meals, are also found in large quantity.
Nightlife in Ko Phi Phi is vibrant and it would be incomplete without a visit to the bars, nightclubs and pubs that are scattered all over the region.
Where to stay
You will find a wide selection of Phi Phi hotels on the island, from simple beach huts to luxurious villas.