- Location: Situated in Quang Ninh province, Vietnam
- Time to Visit: Between October and April
- How to Reach: Getting to Halong Bay is easy and most travelers prefer to reach Halong Bay from Hanoi, a mere 3 and a half hours’ journey by bus. The nearest airport to Halong Bay is Noi Bai Airport in Hanoi. You may also take a hydrofoil from Hai Phong to Cat Ba and the journey takes an hour. You will get frequent public buses leaving from Long Bien or Gia Lam Station to Bay Chai (Halong City) every 30 minutes. The best way, though expensive, to get to Halong Bay is to rent a car from Hanoi.
- Nearest International Airport: Noi Bai International Airport
Nguyen Trai, the national poet of Vietnam said after his visit to Halong Bay that “Nature has produced a wonder in the immense space/ The vast blue sea looks like a grandiose mirror/ Reflecting innumerable black mountains”. Halong Bay in the Gulf of Tonkin in the Gulf of Tonkin, including some 1,600 islands and islets, forms a stunning seascape of limestone pillars. It is one of the world’s most fascinating natural wonders.
Halong Bay attractions
- Ba Ham Lake: After reaching the place, tourists enter the first tunnel, features a forest of stalactites and stalagmites in various shapes and colors. The deeper you go into the tunnel, the darker it becomes.
- Luon Grotto: Travelers will be carried by small boats to visit the scenic Luon Grotto.
- Me Cung Grotto or Bewitching Grotto: Located 2 kilometers south-west of Ti Top Beach, stands the Me Cung Grotto or Bewitching Grotto, formed on Lom Bo Island.
- Sung Sot Grotto or Surprise Grotto: Located in the center of the UNESCO-declared World Heritage area, the Sung Sot or Surprise Grotto is one of the finest grottoes of Halong Bay.
- Tam Cung Grotto – Three Palace Grotto: The lush island of Tam Cung Grotto, lying in May Den, is divided into 3 parts.
- The Trinh Nu Grotto or Virgin Grotto: The Trinh Nu Grotto or Virgin Grotto, located on the island range of Bo Hon, is regarded as the symbol of true love and is undeniably the romantic place for taking oath of love.
Halong Bay cruises
Ha Long Bay, one of the most exquisite natural treasures in the world, is the “must see” for every traveler visit to Vietnam. The legendary world of Halong Bay is just waiting to be explored. The best way to explore and enjoy the scenic beauty of Halong Bay is to board a junk boat and cruise around the bay’s islands.
Halong Bay Kayaking
The best way to feel all the grandeur of Ha Long Bay, Vietnam nature and to discover every extremely beautiful cliff and fall is rowing a kayak. By being on a kayak, you will find out a very beautiful Ha Long, completely different from what you may see on a cruiser. When the kayak goes through the scenic islands, you will have the chance to look at beautiful coral forests, schools of tiny fish and lots of charming scenery. It is the best option for you traveling by kayak in order to enjoy all the majesty of Ha Long.