- Location: Located in the western Caribbean Sea, just 150 miles south of Cuba, 189 miles northwest of Jamaica, and 480 miles south of Miami.
- Attraction Type: Islands.
- Significance: Amazing islands surrounded by wonderful coral reefs and remarkable walls close to shore. It is also a popular destination for scuba diving.
- Best time to Visit: December to April.
- Visiting Hours: During daytime.
- How to Reach: Owen Roberts International Airport is the main airport located at Grand Cayman. Flights are available to a number of destinations in the Caribbean, North America, Central America and Europe. You can also come at Gerard-Smith International Airport in Cayman Brac or at Edward Bodden Airfield in Little Cayman. There is also a popular port for cruise ships at George Town in Grand Cayman.
- Nearest Airport: Owen Roberts International Airport (GCM) in Grand Cayman, Gerard-Smith International Airport (CYB) in Cayman Brac.
It’s magical. It’s only the magical presence of three tiny islands that mesmerize thousands of visitors, no matter where they are from. Yes, we are talking about Cayman Islands — a dream destination for any traveler, full of dazzling coral reefs, crystal-clear waters, fabulous beaches and amazing resorts. Made up of three marvelous islands, called Grand Cayman, Cayman Brac and Little Cayman, Cayman Islands are truly jewels on the Caribbean Sea that have plenty to explore. And it is just a sheer pleasure for any traveler to explore the jewels of Cayman Islands.
Located in the western Caribbean Sea, just 150 miles south of Cuba, 189 miles northwest of Jamaica, and 480 miles south of Miami, Cayman Islands have some of the finest tropical weather in the world. Mainly coral outcrops encircled by wonderful coral reefs and remarkable walls close to shore, Cayman Islands have the most ideal condition for perfect diving and snorkeling and hence have become a parade for the divers. Besides these, the three islands are also full of popular attractions. Grand Cayman — the largest and most developed island of Cayman Islands with 76 square miles area, Cayman Brac with 14 square miles area and the Little Cayman with 10 square miles area have a lot in store for you.
Things to Do
All the three islands of Cayman Islands are pretty beautiful and are full of attractions. The Grand Cayman, the largest Cayman Islands is located 96 miles away from the Cayman Brac — the second largest, but the Little Cayman is located just 5 miles away from Cayman Brac. So, it will be quite easy to move between Cayman Brac and Little Cayman in a very short time.
Though many people wrongly understand Grand Cayman as the Cayman Islands, but this only states the significance and importance of Grand Cayman. So, once you step into the Grand Cayman, the first thing that you should visit is the Seven Mile beach — one of the finest beaches in the world, located on the west coast. You should also visit Cayman Islands National Museum, Ft. George remains, Cayman Maritime Treasure Museum, Queen Elizabeth II Botanic Park, Boatswain’s Beach, Cemetery Beach, Pedro St. James Castle and the Hell (don’t get surprised).
This is the second-largest island of the Cayman Islands. The popular tourist attractions here include the Bluff and Christopher Columbus Gardens, Cayman Brac Museum, Brac Parrot Reserve and Lighthouse.
The smallest of all the Cayman Islands, Little Cayman offers Red-Footed Booby Bird Nature Reserve, Owen Island and Point o’Sand Beach for the travelers.
The Cayman Islands are known for its scuba diving opportunities. Due to its crystal-clear water, rich coral reefs and amazing walls close to the shore, Cayman Islands are the perfect destinations for wonderful diving experience. And the Grand Cayman is the leading destination for the divers here. Sunset Divers, Red Sail Sports, Don Foster’s Dive Cayman Islands, Ocean Frontiers and Liz’s Awesome Fun Bay are some of the popular destinations for diving. You can also find diving opportunities in Cayman Brac and Little Cayman.
There are plenty of options available for accommodation in all the three islands of the Cayman Islands. Some of the hotels can be listed as below:
Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort
389 West Bay Road, Seven Mile Beach
PO Box 30371
Grand Cayman KY1-1202
Tel: 345 949 0088
Fax: 345 949 8088
Brac Reef Beach Resort
Tel: 345 948 1323
Fax: 345 948 1207
Southern Cross Club
73 Guy Banks Road
PO Box 44
Little Cayman KY3-2501
Tel: 345 948 1099
Fax: 345 948 1098