- Location:Located in the city of Brussels in Belgium.
- Attraction Type: Restaurant.
- Significance: An amazing restaurant known for its wide range of delicious dishes and scintillating environment.
- Best time to Visit: There are certain weekly off days in the restaurant. In 2009, the restaurant will remain closed on every Sunday, Monday and also on Wednesday for lunch. It is always better to check the opening hours before you go there.
- How to Reach: You can reach Comme chez Soi by taking E19 or E40.
- Nearest Airport: Brussels International Airport (BRU).
It is a piece of dream — not only for its visitors, but also for its owner. It was in 1926, when one Georges Cuvelier, a brave inhabitant of the southern Belgian Borinage region fled from the coal mines with a dream to open a restaurant. With all his efforts, he finally managed to open a small restaurant, called Comme chez Soi. A dream was born. Soon visitors started to pour in to the restaurant as they found its environment pretty homely. In no time, Comme chez Soi became a huge hit. Currently, Comme chez Soi is arguably the most famous restaurant in Brussels, Belgium.
Not only providing the homely environment, Comme chez Soi started to satisfy the taste buds of thousands with its extensive range of delicious dishes. In 1930s, this Belgian restaurant moved away from its initial location to an art nouveau house at Place Roupppe in Brussels. It continued its dream-run there as well, and got its first Michelin star in 1953. In the following years, Comme chez Soi was also rated 3 stars by the Michelin Red Guide several times.
Comme chez Soi is known throughout the world for its wonderful menus and perfect environment. A sample lunch menu may include asparagus salad with artichoke and carrots, lemon dressing with olive oil, shortly cooked beef with pimenton, spinach and cress, potatoes and preserved tomatoes, Strawberries mousse with crispy bitter chocolate and almond cream. It may cost you â‚¬55 per head. You also have the option to choose from a range of other dishes. A la carte menu is also available. Banquet
Comme chez Soi also provides wonderful banquet facilities for its guests. Private rooms will be at your disposal where you can conduct business meetings, family gatherings, and other parties and events. You can also choose unique menus for your guests if the number of guests is more than 10. You have the options to choose from various “all included menus” ranging from â‚¬100 to â‚¬225 per person.
Comme chez Soi
23 place Rouppe
Tel: +32(0)2 512 29 21
Fax: +32(0)2 511 80 52