on each tourist place as never before!
- Location: Located in Burgas Province in Bulgaria, on the Black Sea coast.
- Attraction Type: Ancient City.
- Significance: It is one of the oldest towns in Europe, it has got some of the most fascinating architectures of the middle Ages, it has got some of the most exotic seaside resorts on the Black Sea.
- Best time to Visit: Can be visited throughout the year, summer can be crowded.
- Visiting Hours: During the daytime and evening.
- How to Reach: The nearest airport is Bourgas Airport. It is a 30 minutes drive from the airport to Nesebar.
- Nearest Airport: Bourgas Airport (BOJ).
Located in Burgas Province in Bulgaria, on the Black Sea coast, Nesebar is a popular ancient city not only known for its history and architecture but also for its seaside resorts and natural beauties. Once a Thracian settlement founded in the 2nd millennium BC, the place became a Greek colony during the beginning of the 6th century BC. It was the only Doric colony along the Black Sea coast. During 7th BC, the place fell under the Roman rule. From 5th century AD onwards, it became an important strongholds of the Byzantine Empire. Nesebar has got a number of monuments from the Middle Ages including the 5th-6th century Stara Mitropoliya, the 11th century Nova Mitropoliya etc. During the 13th and 14th century, a number of extraordinary churches such as St Theodore, St Paraskeva, St Michael and St Gabriel etc. were also built here.
Things to Do
You have plenty to do in Nesebar. Be it the amazing monuments, wonderful museums or the exotic seaside resorts, you can explore Nesebar in several ways.
Nesebar, being an ancient town, has its own charm. The traditional wooden houses, the middle-18th century windmill or the ruins of Basilica of Holy Mother Eleusa — all will take you to an amazing ancient era of a few centuries back. Churches: The churches of the town are quite popular to the tourists. You can visit the ancient churches like the Church of St Sophia or the Old Bishopric (Stara Mitropoliya), the Holy Mother of God Eleoussa Basilica, the Church of John the Baptist, the Church of St Stephen or the New Bishopric, the Church of the Holy Archangels Michael and Gabriel, the Church of St Paraskeva, the Church of St Theodore, the Church of St John Aliturgetos, the Church of Christ Pantocrator, the Church of St Clement and the Church of St Spas etc.
Sunny Beach: The Sunny Beach and the exotic seaside resorts are some of the other attractions of Nesebar. This town has the biggest and most popular holiday resort in Bulgaria. You can also go for yachting, water skiing, and surfing etc.
There are a number of hotels available in Nesebar. Some of those can be listed as below:
Sol Nessebar Bay
7A Aurelia Blvd.
Nessebar, Bulgaria, 8230
Bulgaria Sol Nessebar Mare
7C Aurelia Blvd.