on each tourist place as never before!
London Tower Bridge
- Location: Across the Thames River in London
- Time to Visit: 1 April - 30 September: 10:00 a.m. - 18:30 p.m. and 1 October - 31 March: 09:30 a.m. - 18:00 p.m.
- Admission fee: Â£6.00 (for adult) and Â£3.00 (for child)
- Parking: Tower Hill Coach and Car Park, 50 Lower Thames Street, London, EC3R 6DP.
- How to reach: London Tower Bridge is easily accessible from any part of the city. If you want to come by train, you will use London Bridge, Fenchurch Street or Tower Gateway DLR stations and if you want to go by tube, use Tower Hill on the District and Circle lines or London Bridge on the Northern and Jubilee lines. The buses which come to Tower Bridge are 15, 25, 40, 42, 47, 78,100, D1, P11, RV1.
- Nearest International Airport: London Gatwick Airport
- Nearest Railway Station: London Bridge Railway Station
- Nearest Metro Stations: Tower Hill and London Bridge
- Time required for sightseeing: 1.5 hours
Taking a look at the gigantic machinery that lifts the lower rung of the London Tower Bridge is an exhilarating experience! The same hydraulic machinery is in operation from 1976 onwards, and is meticulously maintained by the authorities. From the outside, the London Tower Bridge is a splendid piece of architecture, one of the most recognizable constructions of the city. It is also a busy highway across the Thames and an attraction that you must not miss during your tour to London. It is a combined bascule and suspension bridge over the Thames and has become an iconic symbol of London. The bridge derives its name from the two towers that are joined together at the upper level by means of two horizontal walkways. It was designed by Wolfe Barry and Horace Jones and was built between 1886 and 1894 by the City of London Corporation to connect the southeastern suburbs with the city and eastern London.
Tower Bridge, London is a source of infinite interest to the travelers. It is 60 meters long and its towers go up to a height of 43 meter. From the top of the towers, you will get a majestic view on the center of London. You must also visit the inside of the tower where you will watch the original mechanism used to elevate the bridge.
Please click on the link below to know more about the Tower of London Bridge:
http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=r69CQAUrkqQ: For a traveler's video of a tour to the Tower of London, its immense machinery and the rising platform, watch this clip! You will have some wonderful views of the great city as well.