on each tourist place as never before!
Castle HowardFast Facts
- Location: Located in North Yorkshire in England.
- Attraction Type: Mansion.
- Significance: It is one of the finest historic houses in Britain.
- Best time to Visit: March to November, when the House remains open. However, it is check it before you go there.
- How to Reach: If you are coming down by air, land at Leeds-Bradford International Airport. Castle Howard is located just 15 miles northeast of York. Take a car to reach Castle Howard from Leeds. Buses are also available. If you want to come down by train, you need to reach at Malton station. Frequent train services are available from York.
- Nearest Airport: Leeds-Bradford International Airport (LBA)
Visiting Castle Howard
The first thing that would attract you most about Castle Howard is its grandeur. Besides the awe-inspiring architecture, Castle Howard has also got a winder range of collections to make your visit a truly memorable one. The collections include the Picture Collection, Porcelain, Sculpture, Key Murals, Wine Cooler, and The William Morris Screen.
One of the greatest attractions of Castle Howard is its amazing 1,000 acres of Gardens. Spend some quality time in the tranquility of the gardens. It also offers several terrace walks and lakeside paths, breathtaking views, amazing sights of the Atlas Fountain and the Temple of the Four Winds. To be very precise, it is an awesome experience for any visitors to explore the Monumental Landscape, the 18th Century Walled Garden and the Woodland Garden.
While going to visit Castle Howard, you can stay at York. You will find a range of hotels in York that cater to the needs of all sorts of travelers. Some of the York hotels can be named as Ramada Encore York, Hotel 53, Park Inn York Hotel, Monkbar Hotel, The Grange Hotel, The Blue Bridge Hotel, The Queens Hotel etc.