on each tourist place as never before!
Hadrian's WallFast Facts
- Location:Northern England from Wallsend on Tyne to Solway Firth originally. Now remains can only be found at Wallsend and a few other places.
- Attraction Type: Fortification
- Significance: The wall was once the northern limit of the Roman Empire. Was an Engineering wonder as well as an important relic from antiquity.
- Best time to Visit: Summer
- Visiting Hours: Through out the day
- How to Reach: Start from NewCastle upon Tyne . NewCastle is connected by air, road and train with London.
- Nearest Airport: NewCastle Airport in case you would like to make it your base and move eastwards.
- NewCastle upon Tyne
- Benwell Hill
A lot of sites make up Hadrian's Wall. Take your time to reach each of the excavations. Major excavations are at Wallsend, Housesteads,Newcastle upon Tyne and other places. Masonry structures still exist at Great Chesters and Birdoswald
If you do not care to cover large distances, visit the British Museum where you will find the Staffordshire cup which was excavated from the ruins of the wall. This remarkably well preserved cup gives historians vital clues on the reaches of the wall. Other relics will also take up much of your time.
Many hotels, inns and bread and breakfasts dot the trail of Hadrian's Wall.Some are given below
2.Best Western Beaumont Hotel
Phone: (01434) 602331