on each tourist place as never before!
Ludlow, ShropshireFast Facts
- Location:Located perfectly within a bend of the River Teme and centered on a small hill in Shropshire in England.
- Attraction Type: Town.
- Significance: One of the most beautiful towns in England.
- Best time to Visit: Can be visited throughout the year.
- How to Reach: Come down to Birmingham International Airport. Now head west on the A456 through Kidderminster toward Ludlow, which is located on the A49 trunk road. Form Kidderminster, you would also find bus service 192/292. Trains are also available.
- Nearest Airport: Birmingham International Airport (BHX)
Natural beauty is the order of the day here. You have got plenty to visit in Ludlow. Apart from enjoying the awesome natural beauty and spending some quality time in tranquility, you should also visit the other attractions of the town in between. Ludlow is full of rich architecture. The biggest attraction of Ludlow is its wonderful castle, nestled atop the hill. It is a typical English castle with rich and interesting history. The examples of architecture from the Norman, Medieval and Tudor periods are quite prominent in Ludlow castle. St Laurence’s Parish Church is another attraction of the place. Mostly re-built in the mid 15th century, this church is one of the largest in the country. Another attraction is the Feathers Hotel. Built in 1619, this hotel has got world famous timber faí§ade.
You can also visit the other attractions of Ludlow such as Ludlow Museum, South Shropshire Leisure Centre, Ludlow Racecourse, Whitcliffe and Mortimer Forest, and Ludlow Gold Course etc.
Ludlow also sees several festivals and events throughout the year. Ludlow festival is organized every year during June-July. Ludlow Medieval Christmas Fayre is also another popular event.
There is no dearth of hotels in Ludlow. You will find a number of hotels that cater to the needs of all sorts of travelers. But the biggest attraction is surely the Feathers Hotel. It is an internationally recognized hotel known for high standard of accommodation and its world famous faí§ade. You can also check in to other hotels like Fishmore Hall, Dinham Hall Hotel, Cove View Bed & Breakfast, Overton Grange Hotel, The Charlton Arms Hotel and De Greys etc.