on each tourist place as never before!
Newark International Antiques and Collector’s Fair
- Location: Newark, Nottinghamshire, England
- Significance: Antiques and Collector’s Fair
- Attraction Type: Antiques, Fair, Events, Collector’s Items
- Dates: August 4 and 5, October 8 and 9, December 3 and 4 (2009)
- Admission Fee: Thursday (9 am — 6 pm) — 20 pounds; Friday (8 am to 5 pm) — 5 pounds
- How to Reach: By road, it is 2 hours from London, adjacent to A1. By rail, get off at the Newark Northgate station by the East Coast Maianline Train. It takes about 90 minutes to reach here from London. The venue is about one hour from the Nottingham East Midlands Airport.
- Nearest Airport: Nottingham East Midlands Airport
Newark International Antiques and Collector’s Fair is the grand daddy of all antique shows. Held in Newark in UK, it has absolutely no equals in terms of range, expanse, popularity and prices. There are about 4000 stalls set up for the event, trading in everything from ancient grandfather clocks to toys and sports items. There are about 8 fairs held everyday, and you will be simply puzzled by the range of articles that are sold here. However, just like any other antique fairs, you have to go around with an open eye, alert enough to zero in on the product that you have been waiting for a time you don’t even care to remember. In the Newark antique Fair, you will be on the same turf with some of the most famous collectors from around the world, so you better be sharp to grab your choice fast.
The Newark Antique Show and Festival is held at the Newark and Notts Showground and is organized by the DMG Media group. The fair is held in 10 buildings, and has over 200 shopping arcades. Moreover, there are 44 marquess and hundreds of pitches laid outside the main buildings. The entire event, which spans over a period of 18 days, attracts thousands of overseas buyers, apart from the many thousand who drop in from all parts of the UK.
Exhibitors at Newark International Antiques and Collector’s Fair
One of the most difficult things is to categorize the items that you can possibly collect in the Fair. The range is simply overwhelming .You can choose from furniture, ceramics, paintings, textiles, Oritental rugs, sports goods, little curious, sculpture, in fact there is almost anything that can be counted as antique and raises curiosity and interest among collectors. Some of the exhibition stalls you might like to check out include Flash Trash, Crystal Corner Ltd., Sanoir Faire, Regina Rose and Apple Blossom Antiques. There are many more that you would like to explore on your own.
To cater to the rising demand for accommodation options to cater to the large number of foreign visitors who arrive here during the fair time, the Fair authorities have teamed up with Hotelzon to provide quality accommodation to all visitors. Best Western Birch Hotel, Alexander House Hotel and Spa, Hotel Maidstone, Marriott Tudor Park Hotel and Premier Inn Newark are some of their recommended hotels.