on each tourist place as never before!
- Location: Located in the Haute-Savoie department in the Rhí´ne-Alpes region in southeastern part of France.
- Attraction Type: Ski Resort.
- Significance: Once of the most famous ski resorts in the world.
- Best time to Visit: December through March.
- How to Reach: If you are coming down by air, you need to land at Geneva airport as it offers a number of flights from all major destinations throughout the world. Then take a car to reach Megeve. It is just an hour’s drive from Geneva. If you are coming down from Paris, take A6 southeast to Macon, connect to the A40 east to St-Gervais and then take N212 south to reach Megeve.
- Nearest Airport: Megí¨ve Airport (MVV) and Geneva Cointrin International Airport (GVA).
Located in the Haute-Savoie department in the Rhí´ne-Alpes region in southeastern part of France, Megeve started becoming popular as a ski resort in the 1910s when Rothschild family choose this town to spend the winter vacations while searching for the alternatives of the famous Swiss resort St. Moritz. Baronne Noíémie de Rothschild became mesmerized with the beauty of the place and opened a hotel here, which later boosted the development of the resort. Its popularity started growing day by day and by 1950s, Megeve became one of the most popular ski resorts in Europe. Many wealthy individuals and celebrities started visiting Megeve. Currently, Megeve is one of the most popular ski resorts in the world.
Skiing in Megeve is an amazing experience that you would cherish for the rest of your life. The Megeve ski area has got 445 km of marked trails with 219 slopes, served by 111 integrated lifts. It offers extensive terrain for all level of skiers. The modern high-speed lift system will take you to the top pretty quickly. Megeve experience 200 cm of snow falling on an average every year. But, just in case of less snow-fall, there are 175 snow cannons to cover it up.
The slopes of Megeve are divided into four categories according to the difficulty levels, viz. 34 blacks, 82 reds, 65 blues and 38 greens. There are 70 platter lifts, 31 chairlifts, 10 gondola lifts and aerial tramways. Besides these, you can also go for cross-country skiing at Domaine í‰vasion Mont-Blanc — the Alpine skiing area of Megeve, which has got 18 cross-country skiing trails.
During summer, Megeve also becomes a popular tourist destination for those who love the beauty of the nature and want to spend some time in leisure. During that time, Megeve also becomes a known destination for golfing.
There are a number of wonderful options of accommodation in Megeve that can make your holiday a special one. Some of the resorts and hotels in Megeve can be listed as below:
Place de l'í‰glise
Tel: 33 450 21 20 02
Chalet St. Georges
159 Rue Monseigneur Conseil
Tel: 33 450 93 07 15