on each tourist place as never before!
Must see DubrovnikFast Facts
- Location: Croatia. On the Adriatic sea-coast, south of Dalmatia
- Best time to Visit: Month of May is the best time to visit
- How to Reach:Dubrovnik has an international airport, located approximately 20 kilometers from Dubrovnik city center near Cilipi as well as ferry terminal so it will be reached by air from vast range of European cities as well as by various ferries from Croatian cities, towns and islands as well as from Italy. Buses connect the airport with the Dubrovnik bus station. In addition, a well-developed network of local buses connects all Dubrovnik neighborhoods. The bus station is located in Kantafig, northern part of the city.
- Nearest Railway station: Split Train Station
- Nearest international airport: Dubrovnik International Airport
Top Dubrovnik attractions
There is no city as beautiful and as glorious throughout its whole history like Dubrovnik. Some of the must see Dubrovnik sites, which you should not miss on a visit here include:
- Big Onofrio's Fountain: For the history gigs there some interesting spots you can always put in your travel itinerary. The magnificent artistry of the Big Onofrio's Fountain is worth a visit for the unique engineering it displays. Constructed in the early 1400's, you'll be spellbound to see this16-sided water fountain near the Pile Gate, for its huge stature and the unusual architectural mastery.
- Cafe Buza: Cafe Buza is famous for simple drinks and majestic views. After your visit to this cafíé, you will not able to resist yourself from the freedom to jump into the blue sea and the Buza beach, right below the bar.
- Franciscan Monastery: The Franciscan Monastery is a must see place in Dubrovnik, for those fond of great architecture, as this courtyard and surrounding buildings are judged as a magnum opus of Dubrovnik architecture.
- Pile Gate: Featuring a stone bridge with two Gothic arches, the Pile Gate is the north gate into the city. Give a shot.
- Rector's Palace: Right off Luza Square stands the Rector's Palace, the seat of the Ragusan Government where the Rector lived and worked. The original palace was formed after the Roman Imperial Palace and later remodeled in a late-Gothic style.
- Church of St. Blaise and the Cathedral: The Church of St. Blaise is worth visiting for its religious artifacts in a small room behind the altar. The Church looks spectacular at night.
- Troubadour Jazz Cafe: Troubadour Jazz Cafíé, one of the most famous places to see in Dubrovnik, often organizes live jazz performance and you may hear them from blocks around. It is a perfect venue to get a cup of coffee or a glass of wine in the evening.
- Old City Dubrovnik: The appeal of the city of Dubrovnik lies in its old town of Stari Grad, with its marble-paved squares, cobbled streets, tall houses, ancient churches, beautiful palaces, charming fountains and magnificent museums, and its beautiful coastline.
Dubrovnik Riviera beaches are undoubtedly some of the must see Dubrovnik tourist spots for its warm, pure crystal clear sea. Apart from the beaches, Dubrovnik is well-known for its recreation and sport places, mostly for its charming nature resorts and tourism options as if made for your enjoyment and entertainment. Hiking, climbing, diving along with several water sports are the most popular activities and are enjoyed by travelers.Dining and entertainment
The arrival of tourists has added a lot of variety to the menus of Dubrovnik eateries and you have an increasingly wide selection of cuisine from Mexican to fusion in Dubrovnik. Traditional Dubrovnik cuisine includes fish and seafood. The nightlife in Dubrovnik is dynamic and there are numerous bars and cafes scattered around the old town.
As George Bernard Shaw once quoted, “If you want to see heaven on earth, come to Dubrovnik”. So here's your chance - to plunge into the bewildering history of Croatia, take a walk along the beaches, and cherish everything that nature offers you.List of must see Dubrovnik sightseeings:
- Big Onofrio's Fountain
- Cafe Buza
- Franciscan Monastery
- Pile Gate
- Rector's Palace
- Church of St. Blaise and the Cathedral
- Troubadour Jazz Cafe
- City Walls
- Sponza Palace
- Dominican Monastery
- Lokrum Island
- Mount Srd
- Old Town of Stari Grad
Related Links :
http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=wgNo1JO5cp4: To get a glimpse of the various sacred architectures and other popular destinations of Dubrovnik, click on this link. You will also get a view of the vibrant cultural profile of the city from this video!
http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=J73qjldHX7g&feature=related: Another wonderful video on the myriad attractions of Dubrovnik, one of Europe's top tourist destinations.