on each tourist place as never before!
Les Baux-de-ProvenceFast Facts
- Location: Located in Bouches-du-Rhí´ne department in southern France.
- Attraction Type: Village.
- Significance: This place is known for its amazing natural beauty. It is also considered as one of the most beautiful villages in France.
- Best time to Visit: Can be visited throughout the year, but whenever you visit, reach there in the early morning, within 9 a.m.
- How to Reach: From Avignon (around 30 km away), take A7 motorway. From Marseille (around 80 km away), take A7 motorway in the direction of Lyon as well as A54 motorway in the direction of Arles. From Nimes (around 250 km away), take A9 motorway.
- Nearest Airport: Avignon — Caumont Airport (AVN).
Located in Bouches-du-Rhí´ne department in southern France, Les Baux-de-Provence is also the village where the aluminium ore Bauxite was discovered first in 1821 and hence it gave its name to the aluminium ore. Besides its natural beauty, the rich history of the place that dates back to pre historic times just added some for color to the attraction of Les Baux-de-Provence. Later, it was Raymond Thuillier who opened the celebrated Oustau de Baumanií¨re — an ambassador for gourmet cuisine, and made the village internationally famous in the following days. Currently, Les Baux-de-Provence is considered as one of the most beautiful villages in France.
Visiting Les Baux-de-Provence
While in Les Baux-de-Provence, you are on the lap of the beautiful nature. It is a sheer pleasure for any traveler to explore the beauty of the
The village of Les Baux-de-Provence is full of narrow cobblestone streets, souvenir shops and terrace cafíés. If you are coming down here by car, you need to park your car along the road at the cost of 20F. Though the village itself has its own culture and charm, however the real glory of the village can be viewed from the exterior.
Chateau-Fortress: It is one of the biggest attractions of Les Baux-de-Provence. It is located on top of the rocky pinicle. The ruins of the fortified castle are surely going to enthrall you. The chateau-fortress complex is well documented in English and French as well.
Besides these, while in Les Baux-de-Provence, you should also visit the other attractions like Baux History Museum, Cathíédral d'Images, City of the Dead, Foundation Museum Louis Jou, Modern Art Museum, Olive Trees Museum, Paintings Museum, Píénitents Blancs, Saint-Vincent Church, Santons Museum, and Yves Brayer Museum etc.
While in Les Baux-de-Provence, you will find a number of hotels for all sorts of travelers. Some of the Les Baux-de-Provence hotels can be listed as below:
Relais & Chí¢teaux
Vallon de la Fontaine
13520 LES BAUX DE PROVENCE
Tel: 33 (0)4 90 54 33 07
Fax: 33 (0)4 90 54 40 46
LE MAS D'AIGRET
Marieke et Eric VALETTE
Col de la Vayí¨de
13520 LES BAUX DE PROVENCE
Tel: 33 (0)4 90 54 20 00
Fax: 33 (0)4 90 54 44 00