on each tourist place as never before!
- Location:Rhine-Neckar triangle region in Germany near the confluence of the Rhine and Neckar rivers.
- Attraction Type: City
- Significance: History and architecure, University of Heidelberg
- Best time to Visit: Visit Heidelberg during summers to avoid the rain and take advantage of the extended hours of the sun. Avoid Christmas since this time is already popular. May to September is a particularly good time as you can participate in festivals.
- Visiting Hours: Through out the day.
- How to Reach: Heidelberg can be reached by air, road or train. Major train services stop at Mannheim and you have to take a local train to Heidelberg. The city is connected by air service from Frnakfurt and Stuttgart. It can also be reached by taking a car/bus trip on the Autobahn.
- Nearest Airport: Heidelberg Airport
Things to Do
If you care for history, Heidelberg is the place that you will like. Here are some of the sights of Heidelberg 1.Churches : There are a number of old churches dating back to the 18th Century. Do not forget to visit the following
- Church of Holy Ghost
- Church of the Jesuits
- Providence Church
- St. Peters Church
- "Heidelberger Frí¼hling"- A Classic Music Festival in spring
- "Heidelberger Castle Festival" - Fireworks display and events in July/August.
Take a walk in the old town where the Heidelberg Castle is situated. Built to commemorate victories by the king in 18th century, the architecture of the place is a feast for senses. The scenic walks nearby have been frequented by great thinkers over the centuries. So feel inspired if you choose to take one of the many walks.
Staying arrangements suiting all pockets are to be found at Heidelberg. Starting from Euro 25 to five start accomodation, all types are available. Some hotels are given below
1. Heidelberg Marriott Hotel
Heidelberg, Baden-Wurttemberg 69115 Germany
Phone:49 6221 908 0
Ernest Kraft,Hirschgasse 3, 69120 Heidelberg
Phone: +49 (0) 6221 45 40
3. Crowne Plaza
Hotel Front desk--- 49 6221 9170