- Location: Germany in north-central Europe is surrounded by Poland and the Czech Republic in the east, Austria in the south, Switzerland in the southwest, France, Belgium, Netherlands is the west, the North Sea in its northwest, and Denmark in the north
- Country Capital: Berlin
- Best Time to Visit: April to October
- Currency: Euro
- How to reach: By flights; by ferries from Baltic and Scandinavian cities; by Euroline buses; by Eurail
- International Airports: Frankfurt, Berlin, Munich, Dí¼sseldorf, Stuttgart, Cologne, Hamburg
- Time Zone: CET (UTC + 1); CEST (UTC + 2)
- ISD Code: 49
Germany is a land of innovation. Talking about the must-see Germany sightseeings, you can come across varied tourist spots that are alluring and diverse. Sylt in the north, characterized by its ragged outskirts, the Elbe, Weser, Ems, and Rhine river valleys in the middle, and the Black Forest and Alpine glaciers in the south lend a fabulous variety to Germany’s topography. The fantasizing terrains, the dramatic countryside landscapes, and the plush cities contribute to the amazements of this country. The architectural must see places in Germany take you to a historical journey to the ancient traditions of the country.
List of must see places in Germany:
- Black Forest: Bordered by the Rhine valley to the west and south, Schwarzwald or the Black Forest region in Baden-Wurttemberg is known for its verdant highlands, charming scenery, and woods. It is also famous for the typical Black Forest Gateau, which is one of the most famous places to explore in Germany.
- Berlin: To perceive the true essence and the extreme attractiveness of the country, fly to some of the renowned cities and heritage sites of Germany to cherish the resplendent nature and the architectural grandiose of some of the must see German tourists spots. Start your journey by visiting Berlin, the capital of Germany. The city has extensive scope for you to enjoy party bash and fun-filled nightlife. Distinctively known for its vast history, Berlin is abode to various architectural marvels that are famous tourist destinations in Germany. If you are in Berlin, the East Side Gallery and Brandenburg Gate are places that cannot be missed. You can take a short glimpse of the Reichstag Building, the seat of the German parliament. With sprawling cathedrals, churches and architectural souvenirs from history, Berlin is ever more enchanting for travelers.
- Munich:For the novice tourists, the beautiful city of Munich is a must see place in Germany. The city is awesome. Munich is diverse for its scenic beauty as well as great festivals and historical buildings. Commonly known as the “ Village of one million” the city is 800 years old and is home to exquisite art and craft. The German Theater museum, The Residenz, Alte Pinakothek and the Valentine Museum in Munich are some of the must see German sightseeings. Don’t forget to take part in the famous Oktoberfest, which is one of the primary festivals in Munich.
- Romantic Road: The major part of must see Germany destinations will be considered unexplored if you do not visit the Romantic Road. The place is perfect for nature lovers who wish to connect to the scenic beauty of the country. The vast pastures of lush green lands, which start from River Main in the North and stretches till the southern part of Alps, create the perfect picturesque surrounding for a long drive.
- Cologne city: To further explore the awesomeness of the country, take a drive to the serenity of the Cologne city that is a curious mix of bustling city life and the quiet outskirts with beautiful vistas. Noted for architectural masterpieces like Roman Catholic Arch Bishop, 30 different types of museums, 100 galleries, Cologne City is one of the must see places in Germany. Festivals like Christopher Street day and Art Cologne fair, make the city further exuberant for tourists.
After you have got your share of festive entertainments in Munich, take a long drive to the Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial in Dachau, one of the most sought after places for the Germans and the tourists alike.
Hold on to your excitement before you visit the verdant wilderness of the Black Forest, the mighty Neuschwanstein Castle, and the beauteous Lake Constance. Starting from the Romantic university town of Heidelberg, the famous Baden-Baden city to the traditional Constance (Konstanz) and Baden-Wurttemberg, tourist spots in Germany are endless.
Some more must see places in Germany:-
- German Theater museum
- The Residenz
- Alte Pinakothek
- Valentine Museum
- Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial
- Museums and galleries in Cologne
- Neuschwanstein Castle
- Lake Constance
- Constance (Konstanz)
Time to Visit Germany
Your time of the visit to this indefatigable country is entirely dependent on your preferences. The summers are perfect for cycling, mountain biking, and water sports. The Rhine in Flames festival in May and the Leipzig Bach Musical Festival in June are outstanding events attracting people from all parts of the globe. The Oktoberfest from the middle of September to the beginning of October is a fabulous display of colors, songs and dances, and beer drinking competitions.
Transport to and within Germany
You could reach Germany by air, land or water. Frankfurt is among the busiest airports in the world. Most international airlines have flights to Frankfurt in Germany. Other cities catering to international flights include Berlin, Munich, Dí¼sseldorf, Stuttgart, Cologne, and Hamburg. Dresden, Nuremberg, Leipzig, Bremen, Hanover, Erfurt, and Munster-Osnabruck are connected by domestic flights.
Water transportation in Germany is well developed. Lí¼beck, Travemí¼nde, Kiel, and Rostock are the main ports operating regular ferry services to Copenhagen, Helsinki, Klaipeda, Oslo, Gothenburg, Malmo, and other Baltic and Scandinavian cities.
Euroline bus services and Eurail passes allow convenient commuting to and within Germany.
Cities in Germany