on each tourist place as never before!
Places To Visit In Greece
|Greece Tourism 2015 - YouTube|
- Location: In Eastern Mediterranean region surrounded by Albania, FYROM (Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia) and Bulgaria in the north, Aegean Sea in the east, Mediterranean Sea in the south, and the Ionian Sea in the west
- Country capital: Athens
- Currency: Euro
- Language/ s: Greek
- Time Zone: EET (UTC + 2), EEST (UTC + 3)
- ISD Code: 30
- International Airports: Athens, Thessaloniki, Iraklio in Crete, and Rhodes
- Best Time to Visit: May, June, September, and October
Must see in Greece
A country, which is often considered to be an epitome of culture, tradition, glorious history and unparalleled beauty of nature, is every travelers paradise. No matter whether you visit the great museums of Athens, the capital city or enjoy a brisk walk on the beaches of Rhodes or Corfu Islands, Greece will be an inimitable experience for all of you. So, if you are still raring to visit this marvelous country, wait no longer and book your flight tickets to Athens to explore all the major sites that are listed under must see Greece sightseeings.
- Athens: Start with the sightseeings of Athens, the capital city of Greece. Being the largest city of the country, Athens is a noted historic town with a pleasant Mediterranean climate, which makes it further alluring for tourists. Here you enjoy the beautiful beaches, picturesque view from the tourist resorts and visit architectures like the temple of Olympian, the ancient Agora, Roman Agora, the Tower of Wind and many more. A renowned country with great mythological history, the must see places in Greece and the museums testify the great yesteryears of the country. For instance, in Athens, the Acropolis Museum and the National Archaeological Museum are amazing places to peek into the country's culture.
- Beaches in Rhodes: After a mesmerizing trip to the wonderland of Athens, it is time that you enjoy the natural offerings of the country. Sauntering around the long beaches of the Rhodes will be great fun for anyone who is a first time visitor. Rhodes is the largest Dodecanese island in the country. Other than being just an abode of enchanting scenic beauty, the island is also noted for its great historical evidences that makes it a famous world heritage site. Apart from the mighty Colossus of Rhodes, you can also view the magnificent artifacts of The Great Palace of Grand Master, The Mosque of Suleiman and many more. With such heritage and a rare mix of urbanization and beautiful scenario, the city obviously deserves a top position in the must see Greece list.
- Corfu Islands: If not over with your excitement, plan a trip to the Corfu Islands that has much to offer. Commonly known as the 7 islands, it is located on the north of the Ionian Sea and is an excellent place for beach lovers. Activities like snorkeling, surfing, scuba diving, windsurfing, make the place an ultimate destination to bask in the sea coast, excite your heart and relax in the cool sea breeze.
- Other cities like Crete, Thessaloniki, Naxos, Zakynthos etc are also favorite Greece tourist spots for many that you may also give a shot.
The must see Greece tourist places are an amalgamation of undisputed architectural excellences, enviable cultural heritages, immortal philosophical foundations, vibrant contemporary lifestyle and wide plethora of tourist places. Be it the solitary Parthenon of Athens, the craggy hillsides of Crete, pristine beaches of Corfu, or the pulsating nightlife of Mykonos, Greece has always been a fascinating country for centuries. If you are thinking about the must see places in Greece, then it is not only Athens, Delphi, and Delos, but also include wide varieties of cultural events and typical Greek delicacies. Other than this, Iaonnina on the banks of Lake Pamvotis facing mountains is perfect for an idle holiday filled with music, dance and delectable recipes.
- Corfu Island
Time to Visit Greece
Autumn and spring, specifically September/ October, and May/June respectively are the best times to visit Greece. Winters particularly in northern Greece and Macedonia are chilly and summers are hot and humid. The Attica Peninsular regions of Dodecanese, Cyclades, and Crete Island have a Mediterranean climate with mild winters, and hot and dry summers. Watch out for 'meltemi' a strong breeze that blows over eastern areas of Greece, Cyclades and the Aegean Islands in the months of July and August.
The Ionian Islands have less severe winters and do not fall in the path of 'meltemi', but the rainfall is heaviest. Crete remains warm during the most part of the year and is ideal for water activities and beach sports.
Travel to Greece
Flights are the easiest and cheapest mode of reaching Greece. Out of 16 international airports Athens, Rhodes, Thessaloniki, and Iraklio in Crete are the more important ones. Greece is well connected with all parts of the globe through regular flights. The other airports in Greece include Santorini, Skiathos, Samos, Iraklio, Karpathos, Kos, Lefkada, Keffalonia, Zakynthos, Hania and Mykonos.
Ferry services exist between Italy and Greece, and between Turkey and Greece. Road transport is well developed between Greece and other European countries, and within Greece itself. There are regular bus services from Turkey, Bulgaria, and Albania to Greece.