on each tourist place as never before!
- Location: Galway
- Attraction Type: City
- Significance: Center for culture and sports.
- Best time to Visit: Throughout the year. Spring should be preferred. January 16th and 18th sees a lot of people coming in due to the Galway International Rally
- Visiting Hours: Throughout the day
- How to Reach: Galway is connected to other parts of Ireland, UK and Europe through flights. It is also connected to Dublin and other parts of Ireland by road links and regular train service.
- Nearest Airport: Galway Airport
Things to Do
If you would like to meet with people head to Eyre Square, the traditional meeting place of people at Galway. If you are culturally inclined, the many arts organizations,music societies and writers groups and the cultural exhibitions at the City Museum will keep you busy for a considerable amount of time. Old architecture brings to Galway a charm few cities can provide. Of particular interest are Church of Ireland St. Nicholas' Collegiate Church and the Cathedral of Our Lady Assumed into Heaven and St Nicholas .
Of late, Galway has been the epicenter of all things sport. The Galway International Rally is so popular that it is a permanent fixture in the calendar of world rally events. It becomes a sort of a festival lasting seven days nowadays. The city is also the proud host of different events like hurling, Gaelic football,basketball,rowing, martial arts, power walking and roller-blading.
Galway has been inhabited since medieval times. Tourists found the city to be an off-beat unexploited culture center years ago. Hence accommodation is not very difficult to find. A convenient place to book is online. Some of the hotels are given below-
- Radisson SAS Hotel & Spa Galway,
Lough Atalia Road, Galway, Ireland
Phone: +353 91 538 300
- The Ardilaun Hotel
Phone: 00 800 369 87412