on each tourist place as never before!
Must see NetherlandsFast Facts
- Location: On the north west of Europe mainland with the North Sea in the north and west, Belgium in the south, and Germany in the east.
- Country Capital: Amsterdam
- Currency: Euro
- Time Zone: CET (UTC + 1); CEST (UTC + 2)
- ISD Code: 31
- Best Time to Visit: Throughout the year
- International Airports: Amsterdam, Rotterdam
Must see Places in Netherlands:-
1. Amsterdam:- In Amsterdam, you could expect to have a drink with the accompaniment of Bach while cruising down the city canals. Being one of the most happening cities of the country, Amsterdam is the best destination for those who are party lovers and wish to go cycling along the city streets. The city has come up as a must see Netherlands tourist destination for its natural panorama as well as the thought provoking historic sites. Starting from the artistry of Louisa Willet-Holthuysen in the Willet-Holthuysen Museum, the awesome West Church, a Renaissance church of 1620, to the renowned Defense Line of Amsterdam, a World heritage site, the city welcomes you to cherish the beauty of nature and plunge into its history. If you love history with a typical interest in Nazi occupation, then the Anna Frank House (Anne Frankhuis) will be a great place to drop in. World heritage sites like New Church, Magere Brug, Old Church, South Church and Scheepvaarthuis are
2. Rotterdam:- Next, you can travel to Rotterdam that will surprise you by its buoyancy and its historical charm. Though a fabulous place to chill out and gaze at the might of the architectural wonders and the historical ruins, the city is mostly noted for its remarkable nightlife and party environment. An outstanding place to let loose your spirits and groove at the night clubs, Rotterdam is an excellent must see place in Netherlands. For instance, the amazing party night celebrations at Thalia Launge and the classical touch of the De Doelen are like dreamlands for party buffs. You will be elated to see the great Euromast Space Tower that provides an excellent view of the entire city. Other than this, the city also harbors famous museums with rare artifacts. The historic significance of Museumpark, Harbor Museum, Kunstahl Museum and Dali, Boymans van Beunigen Museum will take you closer to the historic core of the country. Other than this, the cobble stoned streets, magnificent churches and historic buildings of Harlem are also fabulous.
3. Verdured of the Hoge Veluwe:- To relax and rejuvenate your mind, travel to the verdured of the Hoge Veluwe, a must see place to see in Netherlands and the largest national park in the country. The vast area of the park with the magnificent Kroller-Muller Museum that is home to the great art works of Vam Gogh, Picasso and Mondrain, is one of the best must see Netherlands sightseeings. Here you can feast your eyes with wild boars, red deer, mouflon or can capture the rare view of the Mediterranean sheep.
Time to Visit Netherlands
Holland with its mild summers and cool winters is a pleasure to visit throughout the year. However, April is the time for daffodils and May for tulips. Queensday celebrated on 30th April is a festival of merriment and gaiety. June to August is the peak time for visitors to the Netherlands. Tourists walk shoulder to shoulder on the streets and canal embankments during this time.
Traveling to and within Netherlands
Amsterdam International Airport is the main Dutch airport connected by direct flights to destinations all over the globe. Rotterdam is connected to German, Mediterranean and UK destinations by direct flights. Netherlands can be reached by sea from UK. An elaborate road system connects the Dutch cities not only to each other but also to other European cities. Eurolines is the most preferred bus service operating throughout Europe. Train transport connects Netherlands cities to Belgium, France and Germany.
List of must see places in Netherlands:
- World Heritage sites in Amsterdam
- Euromast Space Tower
- Hoge Veluwe
- Kroller-Muller Museum
Cities in Netherlands: