on each tourist place as never before!
- Location: Amsterdam city in the Netherlands
- Attraction Type: Art Festival
- Significance: Renowned Art festival
- Best time to Visit: Early June or Late May
- Visiting Hours: Festival schedules can change, so it is advisable to check current schedule on the festival website before planning your tour.
- How to Reach: Amsterdam is connected by rail, road , shipping line and air with all parts of Netherlands and Europe. The airport is a busy international transit point.
- Nearest Airport: Schipol Airport
If you are an art aficionado, the Holland festival is a treat for your senses. Moreover since 1947, the festival has been the place of choice for world premieres of such popular concerts like Benjamin Britten's War Requiem and Helikopter-Streichquartett by Karlheinz Stockhausen. Each year a general theme is chosen for the festival and the events portray that theme. It is the stated aim of the
Things to Do
On an average the Holland festival hosts at least 40 productions and close to 100 performances. The numbers are on the rise in recent years. The genres include classical music, contemporary music, opera, music theater, film,incidental presentations of a variety of visual arts. Hence there will always be an event that will draw your attention irrespective of your tastes.
Volunteering for the smooth functioning of the festival can be a rewarding experience. Also supporting the festival through donations. There is a Holland Festival Culture Lover program which assures the best seats and an unmatched festival experience.
Amsterdam is a big populous city. Hence accommodation in this city is not very hard to find. A good place to book would be online days before you actually arrive in Amsterdam. Some of the hotels are mentioned below:
- Eden Amsterdam American Hotel
1017 PN Amsterdam
Phone: +31 020 556 3000
- Hilton Amsterdam
Schipol Boulevard 701
1118 BN Luchthaven Schipol,
Phone: +31 20 7104000