on each tourist place as never before!
Cross-country skiing in KambenFast Facts
- Location: North of Gol town in Central Norway
- Attraction Type: Winter Event
- Significance: Skiers from novice to experts can participate in this activity
- Best Time to Visit: November to March
- Visiting Hours: Daytime
- How to Reach: By Highway 51 from Gol
- Nearest International Airport: Oslo International Airport
This cross country skiing takes a period of 7 days to cover and involves lots of practice. Before setting out on the cross country trails it is advisable to practice in the slopes near Kamben. These nursery slopes offer excellent opportunities for not only learning the basic skills of skiing but also for some thorough practice.
All cross-country skiing expeditions from Kemben take place in groups upto a maximum of fourteen per team. Apart from skiing, you could also go dog sledging across ice fields dotted with conifers and birch trees.
During your cross-country skiing tour in Kemben you might accommodate yourself comfortably in Kamben Hoyfjellshotel. This hotel with a homely ambiance is being run by a certain Glimme family for the last three generations. This hotel also serves excellent buffer breakfast, delicious meals for dinner and packed lunch. Other noteworthy hotels where you might put up include Radisson SAS Resort Beitostolen, Bergo Hotel, Quality Hotel & Resort Fagernes, and Ustedalen Hotel Geilo.