on each tourist place as never before!
Isle of SkyeFast Facts
- Location: In the Sea of Hebrides off the west coast of Scottish mainland
- Attraction Type: Island
- Significance: Attractions range from prehistoric life forms to modern day adventure Sports
- Best Time to Visit: May to September
- How to Reach: By train to Kyle of Lochalsh and Mallaig; alternatively by coach, or ferry to Kylerhea; ferry services also exist from Uig to Western Isles, Uig to Tarbert, Mallaing to Armadale, and Sconser to Raasay
- Nearest International Airport: Broadford Airport
The Isle of Skye referred to as Inner Hebrides is located off the west coast of Scottish mainland in the Sea of Hebrides. The history of Skye Isle goes back to the time of dinosaurs as testified by their fossilized footprints in North Skye. Stone circles and cairns of Neolithic period are scattered all over the countryside. Skye Island could be considered a microcosm of total Scottish culture and heritage as reflected by its music, art, lifestyle, food and drinks.
Isle of Skye offers activities for all age groups and different fascinations. Bird watchers find this island extremely attractive with its golden eagle and tiny goldcrest. Among the mammals red deer, pygmy shrew, and otter are the most notable. The Blaven Hills, Cuillin Hills, and Red Hills are fabulous destinations for rock climbing and trekking. Mountain biking in these hill slopes is an exhilarating escapade.
Make adventure filled boat trips to explore the waters around the islands of Rum, Eigg, Canna, and Soay and Loch Coruisk and view dolphins, sharks, seals, mink whales, porpoises and sea eagles from nearness. You would be enthralled to go for a whole day boat trips in Loch Coruisk or visit colonies of seals. Water sport lovers indulge in sailing, diving, kayaking and wind surfing.
Accommodation and Dining
Award winning cooks and chefs prepare the most delicious recipes to satisfy your gastronomic needs. Delectable sea food preparations, organically grown vegetables, cheese, salads, berries, herbs, and sweets make up the dining varieties.