on each tourist place as never before!
- Location: Northern region of Catalonia, Spain
- Attraction Type: Coastal Town
- Significance: This picturesque town with rocky coast, fringed by beautiful beaches and quiet coves will be a treat for you
- Best Time To Visit: All year round
- How To Reach: Take a train from Barcelona's Plaza Catalunya that is heading North to Figueres. From the train station of Figueres walk into the city and take a bus for Cadaques. You can also reach Cadaques by driving from Barcelona
- Nearest Airport: Girona Airport
Cadaques is only two-and-a-half hour drive from Barcelona. This coastal town attracts tourists from all over and also for people who want a second home for weekends and summers. Cadaques is a small fishing port nestled between the sea and mountain. This picturesque town with rocky coast, fringed by beautiful beaches and quiet coves will be a treat for you.
The bay of Cadaques is one of the best destinations for affluent Spaniards. The town has been able to preserve its original and charming character by retaining the towns white houses, their window sills bursting with flowers and small fishing boats basking on the pebble beach.
During the summer of 1916, the famous Salvador Dalí visited this city. Having discovered the modern painting here, he became a great artist. This summer destination was hence made popular all over the world by Salvador Dali. Since then a number of artists travel to Cadaques regularly.
You can visit the Cap de Creus Natural Park. Within the boundaries of the Park, a wide variety of activities can be enjoyed; the popular ones are diving and hiking. The nature lovers will enjoy every moment in this park because the territory of the Creus cape has great floral diversity.
Cadaques, the most beautiful village of Catalonia, is popular for its magnificent alleys, its marine ambience and the brilliant setting for drawings which appeals artists from around the world. The coastal town invites you to walk along its alleys flanked by white houses with blue or green doors and windows. While in this town visit the three most famous sights of Cadaques: The gothic church of Santa Maria, the Museum Perrot-Moore which has pictures of Picasso and the Casa Blaua.
The hotels where you can stay while you are visiting Cadaques are Hotel Octavia, Hotel Llane Petit, Hotel Playa Sol, Hotel Rocamar, Hotel Tarongeta, Hotel Blaumar, Hotel Port Lligat, Hotel Ubaldo, Hotel S'Aguarda, Hotel Misty and many more.