on each tourist place as never before!
Skiing in AreFast Facts
- Location: Located in Are Municipality in Jí¤mtland, around 80 km away from í–stersund in Sweden.
- Attraction Type: Skiing Resort.
- Significance: It is the largest as well as best-known skiing destination in Sweden.
- Best time to Visit: November to May.
- How to Reach: The easiest way to reach Are is to land at í…re í–stersund Airport. From airport, catch the local train to Hell. From Hell, you need to catch the train “Mittnabotí¥get” to reach Are railway station.
- Nearest Airport: í…re í–stersund Airport (OSD).
Things to Do
It's an amazing experience for anyone to go for skiing in Are. Reach at the top of í…reskutan Mountain through the snowmobile lift. It could be the experience of your lifetime to reach at the top of the mountain. A series of 44 lifts are there to take nearly 50,000 skiers to the peak. The villages that constitute Are are interconnected by bus services.
One of the major attractions of Are is the night-skiing. Until week 10, the slopes remain open from 6 to 8 p.m. for night-skiing.
In order to ski in Are, you need to have a ski pass. Ski passes are available at the website of Skistar. One can also have ski passes from any of the 10 ski centers in í…revalley.
There are several wonderful resorts in Are. Most of those offer a range of amazing facilities. Some of the resorts can be named as Neilson Chalet SnowVilla, Holiday Club, Hotel Diplomat í…regarden, Brunjulla Apartments, Arebjornen Apartments, Hotel Renen, Hotel Continental and many more.