on each tourist place as never before!
- Location: Located in the city of Lucerne in Switzerland.
- Attraction Type: Wooden Bridge.
- Significance: It is the oldest wooden bridge in Europe.
- Best time to Visit: Can be visited throughout the year. However, spring could be pleasant.
- How to Reach: Kapellbrucke is located in the city of Lucerne. If you are coming down by air, you need to reach at Zurich Airport. Trains are available from Zurich to reach Lucerne.
- Nearest Airport: Zurich Airport (ZRH)
It was in 1333 when Kapellbrucke was built in order to defend the city of Lucerne from the invaders. The architecture of the bridge is quite attracting. Adorning the structure of the bridge, there are a number of paintings from the 17th century in its roof. The paintings depict various events of the history of the city. But much of the bridge as well as majority of the paintings got destroyed in a devastating fire in 1993. However, it was rebuilt soon.
There is a 140 feet tall Wassertum or Water Tower adjacent to the Kapellbrucke. It’s a multi-purpose octagonal tower made up of brick and was used as a watchtower, prison, torture chamber, and treasury. Currently the tower is used as the guild hall of the artillery association. Nowadays, the tower, along with the famous Kapellbrucke is the trademark of the city of Lucerne.
There is no dearth of hotels in Lucerne, Switzerland. One can find plenty of hotels that suit the budget of all sorts of travelers. Some of the Lucerne hotels can be named as Hotel des Balance, Hotel-Restaurant Felmis, The Hotel Lucerne, Art Deco Hotel Montana, Hotel Schweizerhof Luzerne, Grand Hotel National, and Palace Luzern etc.