on each tourist place as never before!
- Location: Central Anatolia, Turkey
- Time to Visit: Spring and Autumn
- How to Reach: Getting to Cappadocia is easy and convenient. You may take a flight to city of Ankara or Kayseri from Istanbul, Izmir or Antalya and then reach Cappadocia by car or bus. From Ankara, it takes around 4 hours and from Kayseri it takes only 1.30 hour. If you are in Istanbul, you may travel to Ankara by train and then reach Cappadocia by rental car or bus.
- Nearest International Airport: ASR Kayseri International Airport
Cappadocia attractions include numerous churches, chapels, rock formations, villages and other natural sites. Some of the must-see attractions in Cappadocia include
- Goreme: The small town of Goreme, located in the middle of the Valley of Fairy Chimneys, is surrounded by the weird shapes and incredible rock formations which have mad
- Goreme Open-Air Museum: The Goreme Open-Air Museum, consisting of more than 30 rock-hewn churches and chapels containing some wonderful frescoes, is the most visited of the monastic communities in Cappadocia and one of the most eminent sites in central Turkey.
- Uchisar: The village, deriving its name from a huge rock, is well-known for the Uchisar castle which offers a breathtaking view of an area between Nevsehir, Urgup, Avanos and Ortahisar.
- Zelve Valley: Built in the shape of a huge amphitheatre, the Zelve valley is one of the most unique land formations of Cappadocia.
Cappadocia is famous for the Whirling Dervishes Festival. Each December a million of visitors come to the Mausoleum of Mevlana in Konya where the ceremony of the Whirling Dervishes memorializes the great Sufic saint Mevlana in one of the world's greatest events.
Apart from sightseeing, the dynamic region of Cappadocia offers endless things to do. You will enjoy several sports activities like hiking, hot air ballooning, golf.
As well as cereals, Cappadocia is well-known for potatoes, fruits and exclusive wine. Here you may savor some of the finest examples of Turkish delicacies.
Where to stay
Cappadocia offers a wide range of accommodation from luxury hotels to high quality 4 star hotels and comfortable guesthouses.
A visit to Turkey is incomplete without visiting Cappadocia, the land of beautiful horses.
Related Links :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wlhjm7ov9w&feature=related: Another wonderful slideshow on the historic and charming Cappadocia churches and landscapes. The atmosphere of the place is simply breathtaking, although the music helps to create it in this particular video!