on each tourist place as never before!
- Location: Located 20 km away from Denizli in inner Aegean region in south-western Turkey.
- Attraction Type: Thermal Springs.
- Significance: White Travertine, where the water flow down the cliff to carve an amazing formation of stalactites and basins and turn the area into a wonderful white.
- Best time to Visit: During Summer.
- Visiting Hours: During the daytime.
- How to Reach: Cardak Airport is 65 km. away from Pamukkale. You can also reach here by train from Izmir, Ankara and Istanbul. Bus services are available from almost all the cities of Turkey.
- Nearest Airport: Cardak Airport (DNZ).
In Pamukkale, water flows down the cliff to carve an amazing formation of stalactites and basins and turn the area into a wonderful white. Yes, we are talking about Pamukkale — not only a natural wonder of the world, but also a place of historical importance. As the name suggests (in Turkish, Pamukkale means "Cotton Castle"), the hot springs look like wonderful white castle, which not only provide an eye-soothing beauty, but have also been used as spa. So, come and explore Pamukkale and its White Travertine, you cannot afford to miss it.
Bathing in the hot springs:
The most exciting thing about Pamukkale is undoubtedly its hot springs. It is believed that bathing in the spring water can heal a number of diseases including eye and skin diseases, heart diseases, circulatory problems, high blood pressure, rheumatism, nervous disorders, digestive maladies and nutritional disorders. You can also walk down barefooted in the springs from the village.
Ruins of Hierapolis:
The ruins of Hierapolis are another attraction is Pamukkale. Founded in 190 B.C. by Eumenes II, Hierapolis became a Roman thermal bath center during the 2nd and 3rd centuries. Visit the city walls, the 2nd theater, the octagonal Martyrium of St. Philip, and Temple of Apollo there.
There are a number of hotels available in Pamukkale. Some of them are as below:
Mehmet Akif Ersoy Buluari No: 45
Pamuk Mh. Hasan Tahsin Cd. No: 16
Mehmety Akif Ersoy cad No: 43
Related Links :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uqFUc_K5wk: To get a glimpse of the wonderful natural beauty of Pamukkale, along with the architectural and artistic remains of the Roman settlement in the region, watch this video! You will also get valuable historic and geographical information on the site from this clip.