on each tourist place as never before!
God's Pocket Provincial Marine Park
- Location: Located on the north side of Goletas Channel, about 10 km northwest of Port Hardy on northern Vancouver Island in British Columbia, Canada.
- Attraction Type: Provincial marine park.
- Significance: A provincial marine park, known for its cold water scuba diving.
- Best time to Visit: Mid June to early September.
- Visiting Hours: 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- How to Reach: Reach at Port Hardy Airport from the places like Seattle, Vancouver or Victoria. Catch a boat from Port Hardy to reach God's Pocket Provincial Marine Park.
- Nearest Airport: Port Hardy Airport (YZT). Is scuba diving what that excites you the most? Does scuba diving increase your adrenaline level? Is it exactly what that you die for? Well, God's Pocket Provincial Marine Park is perfectly the destination for you. Known to the whole world for its exciting diving opportunities, God's Pocket Provincial Marine Park provides some of the best underwater activities on the Pacific Coast. It is also one of the best cold-water diving destinations in the world. However, the condition could be a bit difficult for the divers and hence, you need to be well experienced and well equipped as well, before you can go for diving there. Located on the north side of Goletas Channel, about 10 km northwest of Port Hardy on northern Vancouver Island in British Columbia, Canada, God's Pocket Provincial Marine Park consists of a group of islands at the entrance to Queen Charlotte Strait. These islands, such as Boyle, Hurst, Crane Islands, Bell and several other smaller islets provide anchorage for the boats. Though known for diving, God's Pocket Provincial Marine Park also offers wonderful opportunities for other activities like boating, fishing and also wildlife viewing. Bald eagle habitat and seabird colony are also quite popular here.
Things to Do
The biggest attraction is certainly the scuba diving. The Browning Passage is the second best cold-water diving area in the world. It is also one of the more difficult sites for scuba diving as the weather and sea condition can change pretty rapidly. One has to be well experienced and well equipped in order to go for scuba diving here. Besides scuba diving, you can also go for boating, canoeing and fishing here.
God's Pocket Provincial Marine Park is also the place where you can easily find bald eagles and whales. You may also visit the bald eagle habitat. Seabird breeding colony is another attraction here.
There are a few options for accommodation for the visitors in God's Pocket Provincial Marine Park. Those could be described as:
There is no designated campsite inside the park. However, you may go for random wilderness camping. No fee is charged for that, but no facilities will be provided either. While doing camping inside the park, visitors must follow the “Leave No Trace” camping ethics.
God's Pocket Resort
Bill Weeks and Annie Ceschi
PO Box 130
Port Hardy, British Columbia
Canada VON 2PO
Tel: (250) 949 1755