on each tourist place as never before!
Polar Bear Safari, ChurchillFast Facts
- Location: Located on the western shore of Hudson Bay in Manitoba, Canada.
- Attraction Type: Polar Bear Safari.
- Significance: Churchill is known as the 'Polar Bear Capital of the World'. Polar bears are the major attraction of this place.
- Best time to Visit: Late October and early November.
- Visiting Hours: During day time.
- How to Reach: Best way to reach Churchill is by air. But trains are much more affordable. You can reach Churchill through VIA rail from different destinations within Canada.
- Nearest Airport: Churchill Airport (YYQ)
Churchill is a community in Manitoba, Canada, located on the western shore of Hudson Bay. Though this small town has a population of just under 1,000 residents, however the place is better known for its other inhabitants — the polar bears.
Things to Do
While in Churchill, the only thing that you should do without wasting any time is to be among the polar bears, of course with some safety measures. Churchill provides you the unique opportunity to see the polar bears, their lifestyle, and the art of hunting from pretty close. Frozen water is the perfect condition for the polar bears where they can find their food — the ringed seal. See the polar bears spending some relaxation time by cuffing, wresting and hanging out with their friends and cousins before they go for killing. This is the time when you can see the polar bears and have some snaps of them relatively easily.
It is extremely dangerous to go pretty close to the polar bears as they can be highly ferocious, especially when there is a scarcity of food. So, you cannot go there alone. It is better to go for various polar bear tours where you will be visiting on a jeep. The experienced guides will also help you to learn about the polar bears better and at the same time they will also ensure your safety.
There are a number of hotels in Churchill where you can stay pretty comfortably. Some of the hotels are as below:
15 Franklin Street, Box 1031,
Churchill R0B 0E0
Tel: +1-204-675 8878
Fax: +1-204-675 2647
Lazy Bear Lodge and Cafíé
P.O. Box 931
Churchill, MB, R0B 0E0
Tel: +1-204-675 2969
Fax: +1-204-675 2408
Related Links :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3oNge9uz4k&feature=related: Check out the wonderful polar bears around Churchill in Canada in this travel video! You also get to know a lot about these beautiful animals in the highly informative narrative. Enjoy!