on each tourist place as never before!
Universal Studios, Los AngelesFast Facts
Location: 100 Universal City Plaza, Universal Studios, CA 91608, on the north of Hollywood.
Best Time to Visit: All throughout the year, but spring and fall are the best times. Remains closed on Thanksgiving and December 25.
How to Reach: From LA International Airport, take the 105 Freeway East to the 110 Harbor Freeway North. Get on the 101 Hollywood Freeway North, after passing through the downtown area. Turn right to the Universal Studios Blvd. and follow signs. From Anaheim, take the 5 Golden State Freeway north, till you reach the 101 Hollywood Freeway North. Follow the above directions thereon.
Time Required for Sightseeing: Approximately 8 hours.
General Parking: $12.00 per vehicle
Preferred Parking: $20.00 per vehicle
Nearest Railway Station: Universal City Metro Station
Nearest International Airport: Los Angeles International Airport
Remember the thrill you experienced when the great white whale, the twenty five feet long tyrant of the high seas stealthily moved towards an almost dilapidated steam boat 'Orca' in the Hollywood classic 'Jaws'! You can relive the same excitement, and enjoy every bit of it, during a studio tour at the Universal Studios in Hollywood. A visit to the Universal Studios in Los Angeles gives you an opportunity to find out how magic is made on screen, how the greatest special effects are executed: the blood, the sweat, the fret and the fun that go behind creating the most enchanting cinematic moment. The Universal Studios, Los Angeles, located in the Universal City community of California, is one of the oldest Hollywood movie studios which are still in operation. With its official marketing tagline “the Entertainment Capital of LA”, Universal Studios in Los Angeles is the first of many developed Universal Studios Theme Parks including Universal Studios Florida, Universal Studios Japan and the upcoming Universal Studios Singapore, Universal Studios Dubai and Universal
The Universal Studios (Hollywood Freeway, exit Linkershim Blvd.) was built in 1915 by the famous German-American film pioneer Carl Laemmle, on the site of a chicken farm. At the outset, Laemmle built only two sets on which the first silent movies were made in the open air.
Blockbuster movies and popular television shows
Some of the blockbuster movies and popular television shows which have been filmed here are Apollo 13, A Beautiful Mind, Beverly Hills 90210, Bruce Almighty, Jurassic Park, Meet the Fockers, Spider-Man 2, Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, Psycho, War of the Worlds.
Numerous shows and tours
Everything at Universal Studios Hollywood is based on a movie theme.
- Backdraft: An intense and fire-based show restores the concluding scene of the movie, a chemical warehouse fire with detonating barrels and falling catwalks.
- House of Horrors: It is an old-fashioned, carnival fun house. The billboards around the park offer show schedules for the Blues Brothers, Fear Factor Live and Universal's Animal Actors.
- Shrek 4-D: The 4th “D” is your seat which seems to be moving persistently. You can also use stationary seats in the back row.
- Special effects stage: It will help you to be learned about the sound and visual effects and how monsters are made.
- Studio tour: Thoroughly revised in 2006, the tour visits parts of the working studio along with the classic sets such as 'Jaws' and 'Psycho' and made-for-the-tour acts like a face-to-face encounter with King Kong.
- Terminator 2:3D: With loud noises, strobe lights and fog and effects, this action-packed 3-D movie depicts a battle at Cyberdyne Technologies.
- WaterWorld: Several jet ski tricks and fire effects are just part of this stunt show.
Universal Studios Hollywood offers several fun rides and water play activities for the visitors:
- Jurassic Park: It is an indoor/ outdoor ride that falls you down an 80-foot waterfall.
- Nickelodeon Blast Zone: Along with some interactive water effects, it is a playground; full of Nickelodeon characters.
- Revenge of the Mummy: This indoor roller coaster, besides the Mummy theming, moves forward and treats you with an eerie effect and then gets you back in reverse direction.
- The Simpsons Ride: Including a cartoon ride through Krustyland with a motion simulator, it is the most interesting attraction in the park.
Dining in Universal Studios is an amazing experience. There are several dining outlets, scattered all over the place. Some of them are Doc Brown's Chicken, Flintstone's Bar-B-Q, Hollywood Grill, Jurassic Cafíé, Louie's Pizza and Pasta, Mel's Diner, Sweet Liberty.
Those who love shopping will find ample opportunities at Universal Studios. Some of the popular shopping hubs in the upper lot are Cyber Image (T2 3-D: Battle Across Time), Kwik-E-Mart (The Simpsons Ride), Marvel Mania (Formerly for Spider-Man Rocks) and Shrek Shack (Shrek 4-D) while some of them in the lower lot include Jurassic Outfitters (Jurassic Park: The Ride) and Tomb Treasures (Revenge of the Mummy).
Where to stay
You would surely appreciate the multiplicity of accommodation near Universal Studios. There are ample options to suit your taste, mood and budget.
Some of the renowned hotels, located in the vicinity of Universal Studios in Los Angeles, include Best Western Media Center, Beverly Garland's Holiday Inn, Coast Anabelle, Greenville SC Hotel, Holiday Inn Express, Marriott Courtyard, Safari Inn.
Find a full day of action-packed entertainment in Universal Studios Hollywood. You will learn all the fascinating details about Hollywood movie-making and behind-the-scenes secrets and mysteries of special effects production.
Related Links :
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/942268/universal_studio_tour/: For a view of some of the most popular landmarks in the Universal Studios, including the explosion site of the War of the World, watch this video!
http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=KSVCndYYiSM: A great tour through the Universal Studios, visiting the major landmarks, the various theme parks, watching stunts and some extremely popular characters in Universal history, like the t-rex of Jurassic Park and King Kong. Enjoy!
http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=f5gEzQ3kPa4: The Jurassic Park water tour is one of the most thrilling and exciting rides in the Universal Studios, Hollywood. Check out the great fun of the ride by clicking on this link!