on each tourist place as never before!
Yellowstone National Park, Colorado
|Yellowstone National Park, Colorado|
Location: Colorado, United States. Covers the state of Wyoming, Montana and Idaho.
Best Time to Visit: All throughout the year
Mid-April to November — Summer Season
Mid-December to March — Winter Season
How to Reach: Drive from the city of Denver, Colorado to the Yellowstone National Park. Check out on the road opening and closing times depending on the time you want to visit the National Park.
Nearest airport: Denver International Airport (DIA)
Have the Jacuzzi of a lifetime! It is much better than the man made hot water holes that you find in your neighboring gym and health center, and moreover, you get to do it amidst a wonderful natural beauty. The hot springs and mud volcanoes of the Yellowstone National Park, Colorado are one of the greatest tourist attractions in the US.
Moreover, it has a great and diverse wildlife. Of all its geothermal features, the Old Faithful Geyser is the most popular one. Hundreds of species of mammals, birds, fish and reptiles have been documented here along with the endangered species and unique species of plants.
Located mainly in the state of Wyoming though it stretches into Montana and Idaho, Yellowstone National Park, Colorado was built by the U.S. Congress as a national park on March 1, 1872. Covering an area of 8, 983 square kilometers, the park comprises several picturesque lakes, stunning canyons, scenic rivers and gorgeous mountain ranges.
The park features 1,700 species of trees and other vascular plants. Apart from them, another 170 species are considered to be alien species. Lodgepole Pine forests, of the 8 conifer tree species documented, cover 80% of the total forested areas. The other conifers, found in scattered groves, include Subalpine Fir, Engelmann Spruce,
The abundant wildlife found in Yellowstone National Park is one of the primary reasons that a large number of tourists visit the park each year. Observing Yellowstone's wildlife can be one of the prime pleasures for the backcountry traveler. Some of the notable fauna species of Yellowstone are Bison, Bighorn Sheep, Elk, Grizzly Bears, Moose, Wolf, Pronghorn Antelope, Coyote, Osprey and Trumpeter Swan.
What to see
- Canyon: The main attractions are the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone, the Upper and Lower Falls of the Yellowstone, Hayden Valley and Mt. Washburn.
- Geyser basins, including Old Faithful: It is the most popular area for the visitors in the park. Old Faithful with large eruptions occurring at an average of about once every hour and a half is one of the most famous geysers in the world
- Grant Village: It features West Thumb Geyser Basin, Abyss Pool and Shoshone Lake.
- Lake Area: It comprises Yellowstone Lake, Mud Volcano, Sulphur Cauldron and Dragon's Mouth Spring Steam.
- Madison: The main points of interests are Artist Paint Pots, Monument Geyser Basin, Gibbon Falls, Madison River, Terrace Springs and Firehole Canyon Drive and Firehole Falls.
- Mammoth: It features the mineral-laden Mammoth Hot Springs, Bunsen Peak overlooking the old Ft. Yellowstone area and Fort Yellowstone, the historic center of activity during the US Army's possession of the park.
- Norris: You must visit Norris Geyser Basin, one of the park's many extravagant thermal areas and also home to Steamboat Geyser, the largest geyser of the world and Roaring Mountain, a collection of steam vents and hot springs which create huge noises.
Things to do
With its abundant attractions as well as numerous entertainment facilities, Wyoming Yellowstone National Park offers several things to do. They are wildlife viewing, camping, hiking, backpacking, horseback riding, skiing, bicycling, boating, swimming, fishing, photographing and so on. You will also enjoy the experience of shopping. Every major village within the park offers food, camping supplies and souvenirs for sale.
The choices for dining in Yellowstone National Park are as varied as the landscape. There is a number of eateries which serve a wide range of delicacies in the Yellowstone National Park, Colorado. Some of the popular dining outlets are Old Faithful Inn Dining Room, Lake Lodge Cafeteria, Grant Village Restaurant, Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel Dining Room, Roosevelt Lodge Dining Room.
There are copious lodges and cabins where you can stay during your visit in the park. Some of them are Canyon Lodges, Lake Yellowstone Hotel and Cabins, Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel and Cabins, Old Faithful Inn and Roosevelt Lodge Cabins.
A memorable Colorado vacation is the perfect complement to a visit to Yellowstone National Park.