on each tourist place as never before!
Salar de Uyuni
- Location: Located in the Potosi and Oruro departments in southwest Bolivia, near the crest of the Andes.
- Attraction Type: Salt Flat.
- Significance: It is the largest salt flat of the world.
- Best time to Visit: Can be visited throughout the year, but the best is between May and November.
- Visiting Hours: During day time.
- How to Reach: You have to reach Uyuni first. You can reach Uyuni by air and by bus from La Paz, Oruro, Potosi, Tupiza, Atocha, Sucre etc. Your journey to Salar de Uyuni starts from Uyuni.
- Nearest Airport: Uyuni Airport (UYU).
Things to Do
There are plenty of attractions in Salar de Uyuni, truly. And as you go exploring the place, you become amaze in every instance. Your visit must include the attractions like Uyuni Plaza Arce, Train Graveyard, Bloques de Sal, Salt-mining area, Salt Hotels, Isla de los Pescados, Laguna Hedionda, Viscacha Area, Arbol de Piedra, Laguna Colorada, Laguna Celeste, laguna Amarilla, Ruinas de San Antonio, and Valles de Rocas etc.
There are also a number of geysers and hot springs in this area such as Solar de Manaí±a geyser basin, Termas de Polques hot spings and a few more. You can also a thrilling bath in some of them.
You have plenty of options for accommodation in Uyuni. Some of the hotels in Uyuni are listed below:
Hotel Kory Wasy
Potosí 304, Town center
HI-Salar de Uyuni
Cnr potosí & sucre, Town center,
Related Links :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZDp6XQAIPY: Check out fascinating pictures of the Salar de Uyuni including the wonderful sunshine, one of the most beautiful views of the world, in this slideshow.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0OUPYTRAks&feature=related: For more breathtaking views of the white expanse of the beautiful Salar de Uyuni, click on this link!