on each tourist place as never before!
Ulla Ulla National Reserve
- Location: Located on the high Andean plain in the Franz Tamayo Province, northwest of the city of La Paz.
- Attraction Type: Biosphere reserve.
- Significance: A fascinating biosphere reserve which is home to the largest flying bird in the world — Andean Condor, nearly more than 10,000 Aymara people, and several others.
- Best time to Visit: Can be visited throughout the year, but the best is between November and May.
- Visiting Hours: During day time.
- How to Reach: Come at El Alto International Airport in the city of La Paz. Transports are available from La Paz to Ulla Ulla National Reserve.
- Nearest Airport: El Alto International Airport (LPB).
Things to Do
While visiting Ulla Ulla National Reserve, you will find a rich collection of fauna. Andean Condor is certainly one of the greatest attractions of this biosphere reserve. This huge flying bird can make you wonder not only with its huge size but also the agile and surprising aerial acrobatic power that it possess. You will also find various other species like puma, taruca, Andean bear, hullata, deer etc. Ulla Ulla National Reserve is also the largest natural reserve of Vicumas and other Cameloids.
Ulla Ulla National Reserve also provides a wide variety of alternatives for eco-tourism and adventure sports. You can go for various adventure activities like mountaineering, trekking, fishing etc. here.