- Location: Located on the high Andean plain in the Franz Tamayo Province, northwest of the city of La Paz.
- Attraction Type: Biosphere reserve.
- Significance: A fascinating biosphere reserve which is home to the largest flying bird in the world — Andean Condor, nearly more than 10,000 Aymara people, and several others.
- Best time to Visit: Can be visited throughout the year, but the best is between November and May.
- Visiting Hours: During day time.
- How to Reach: Come at El Alto International Airport in the city of La Paz. Transports are available from La Paz to Ulla Ulla National Reserve.
- Nearest Airport: El Alto International Airport (LPB).
A fascinating biosphere reserve on the high Andean plain, a national reserve which is home to nearly more than 10,000 Aymara people, a national reserve which is also the home to the largest flying bird in the world — Ulla Ulla National Reserve has its own charm that has been able to attract thousands of travelers from every corner of the world. Due to its significant population of important and endangered species of plants and animals, Ulla Ulla National Reserve has been designated as UNESCO biosphere reserve in 1997.
Located on the high Andean plain in the Franz Tamayo Province, northwest of the city of La Paz, Ulla Ulla National Reserve spread over 2,000 square km area is an enthralling place to explore. Andean Condor — the largest flying bird in the world find their home in this national reserve. Besides this, one can also find a good number of Llamas, alpacas, guanacos and vicunas.
Things to Do
While visiting Ulla Ulla National Reserve, you will find a rich collection of fauna. Andean Condor is certainly one of the greatest attractions of this biosphere reserve. This huge flying bird can make you wonder not only with its huge size but also the agile and surprising aerial acrobatic power that it possesses. You will also find various other species like a puma, taruca, Andean bear, hull data, deer, etc. Ulla Ulla National Reserve is also the largest natural reserve of Vicumas and other Cameloids.
Ulla Ulla National Reserve also provides a wide variety of alternatives for eco-tourism and adventure sports. You can go for various adventure activities like mountaineering, trekking, fishing, etc. here.