- Location: Brazil
- Time to Visit: Spring season
- How to Reach: There are around 3 ways to come to Pantanal. You can come to the place through 3 routes, Cuiaba in the North, Corumba in the west and Campo Grande in the south. From Campo Grande, you can hire buses, cars, and taxis to Pantanal. It takes around 4 to 5 hours to reach there. The nearest airport is located at Corumba which is also easily accessible with Pantanal.
- Nearest Railway Airport: Corumba
- Nearest International Airport: Campo Grande International Airport
- The time required for sightseeing: 1-2 days
Experience standing in a wetland that does not have any boundaries. You only see sprawling vegetation wherever you look. Does it seem to be a dream? Well, it’s no dream but reality and is present in Pantanal. The largest freshwater wetland in the world, this place is perhaps one of the finest works of nature.
The Pantanal in Brazil is a vast wetland that is flooded by the tributaries of the Paraguay River. The wetland stretches to a distance of around 68,000 square miles and is covered with sprawling vegetation of mangroves and rain forests. The word Pantanal comes from the Portuguese word “Pantano”, which means wetland, swamp, and marsh.
Pantanal in Brazil is listed among the World Heritage Sites by the UNESCO. By making a trip to this world-famous wetland, you can witness wide species of flora and fauna. The best time to sight animals in the area is in the spring season when the plants are at full bloom. The area provides an ideal habitat for a number of mammal species, 650 species of birds, 250 species of fish and so on. Some of the animals that you can easily sight are jaguars, marsh deer, giant river otters, tapirs and lots more.
For bird watching trips, come to Pantanal as well. The marshlands and river beds provide an ideal habitat for different species of birdlife like cormorants, egrets, herons, hyacinth macaws, ibis, roseate spoonbills, jabiru storks, and other species. If you are an adventure lover, you can also undertake fishing trips, horseback trips, hiking expeditions in the area.
There are around 3 ways to come to Pantanal. You can come to the place through 3 routes, Cuiaba in the North, Corumba in the west and Campo Grande in the south. From Campo Grande, you can hire buses, cars, and taxis to Pantanal. It takes around 4 to 5 hours to reach there. The nearest airport is located at Corumba which is also easily accessible with Pantanal. Lodging facilities are also available in the area. The hotels and lodges offer pleasant facilities.