on each tourist place as never before!
- Location: 972 kilometers west of continental Ecuador in the Pacific Ocean
- Time to Visit: Throughout the year
- How to Reach: The best way to reach Galapagos is to land in Quito, the capital of Ecuador or in Guayaquil and then catch a domestic flight to the islands via the government-run TAME Airlines. Apart from that, it is also possible to travel to the islands by boat from Guayaquil.
- Nearest International Airport: Guayaquil International Airport
To Galapagos Islands is an archipelago comprising 13 major islands, will be the journey of your lifetime. The Galapagos is such a destination where your idea of a dream expedition comes true. Nothing is comparable to the pleasure of watching animals in the wild here or the opportunity of spending time with animals that are truly unique treasures of our earth.
- Nature and wildlife
Diverse wildlife draws eco-tourists to Ecuador's Galapagos. You will see evolutionary wonders such as Darwin's finches; land and marine iguanas and flightless cormorants; a wonderful blend of polar and tropical species, from penguins and fur seals to flamingos and tropical fish; giant tortoises, waved albatrosses and sea turtles.
- What to see
Charles Darwin Foundation governs numerous research stations throughout the islands along with a large station in Puerto Ayora that is worth visiting for its animal and natural history exhibits.
The best way to explore the Galapagos is by cruising through the scenic islands. The cruise journeys are ideal for active individuals interested in the nature and animals of the islands, for those seeking wild places and thrilling adventure, with time to relax on the magnificent beach or swim and snorkel or dive.
- You may choose from a wide selection of thrilling adventure:
- Visiting the Giant Tortoise breeding center at the Charles Darwin Research Center on Santa Cruz
- Watch the red neck sacks of the marvelous Frigate bird on Seymour
- Climb the hill on Bartolome to get the majestic view of Galapagos
- Enjoy snorkeling and scuba diving
Related Links :
http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=LMIltYbSXBg: To view the unique wildlife of Galapagos Islands, click on this link!
http://realtravel.com/galapagos_islands-journals-j4906514.html: Read a first hand travel account of a visit to the Galapagos Island in this exciting and informative travel blog!
http://realtravel.com/galapagos_islands-journals-j4906514.html: Click on this link to read another wonderful travel blog on the Galapagos island.