on each tourist place as never before!
Nazca LinesFast Facts
- Location: Nazca Desert, between the towns of Nazca and Palpa on the Pampas de Jumana in Peru
- Time to Visit: Between May and November
- Preferred Timing: During the early hours of the daytime.
- How to Reach: Nazca may be reached by air from Ica or Lima though it is most common for travelers to arrive by bus via the Panamericana highway from Lima, Ica or Arequipa.
- Nearest railway station: Aguas Calientes Train Station
- Nearest International Airport: Lima International Airport
The huge sketches were drawn in the time of the Nazca Indians on such a large scale that the shapes are readily distinguished from the air and leading to a variety of theories about their purpose. Graves and ruins of their settlement have been found near the lines.
What to see
The part of the Peruvian desert where the Nazca lines were sketched is called the Pampa Colorada (Red Plain). The lines which were created by clearing away the darker upper layer to uncover the lighter subsoil seems remarkable that such simply-made drawings have outlasted for so many hundreds of years and some have seen a mysterious element to this.
The Nazca lines include several straight lines and numerous geometric shapes as well as various illustrations of animals, humans and plants. Some of the figures include:
- Round-headed human (known as “the astronaut”)
- Another human figure
The main activity at the Nazca lines is the overflight. Apart from that, you will also enjoy other activities such as fascinating boat rides and diverse wildlife watching near Ica, sand boarding, hiking and horseback riding, dune buggy trips and so on.
Nazca lines of Peru are indeed a distinctive place due to the mysteries of its marvelous lines and figures, drawn with unimpeachable perfection.
Related Links :
http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=tHwN8_qa2c8: Check out aerial views of the Nazca Lines in this video! You will understand the reason why these unique geoglyphs have been the source of so much speculation and study.
http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=NzbZfuefHOQ: The theory of alien intervention is one of the most popular ones related to the Nazca Lines. To find out some of the major speculative positions related to this theory, watch this video!.